40 series troopy (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, thought I’d try and pick some peoples brains.

I’m wanting to start the process of building my dream car and not sure on what way I should start it. I’m wanting to get a 40 series troopy and put it on either an 80 series chassis or a 105 series chassis. So my question is should I start off with buying a 40 series troopy and then finding a chassis with a motor and sticking the 40 cab on it or should I start by buying a 80 or 105 series as a full car with either the 1hdft/1hdt/1hdfte in it and then find a 40 series cab to put on it after or am I just better off finding a 40 series that has already had all this done to it and just buy that to save the hassle

Hey guys, thought I’d try and pick some peoples brains.

I’m wanting to start the process of building my dream car and not sure on what way I should start it. I’m wanting to get a 40 series troopy and put it on either an 80 series chassis or a 105 series chassis. So my question is should I start off with buying a 40 series troopy and then finding a chassis with a motor and sticking the 40 cab on it or should I start by buying a 80 or 105 series as a full car with either the 1hdft/1hdt/1hdfte in it and then find a 40 series cab to put on it after or am I just better off finding a 40 series that has already had all this done to it and just buy that to save the hassle
Depends how much work you want to do.

If you buy a late 40 then you might get addicted to it as it is, and maybe it can give you what you need.

If you get a 105 then you can shake it down for any problems, and get it running really well while you find a 40 shell to drop on it later - you don't need the whole truck after all do you.

Depends how much work you want to do.

If you buy a late 40 then you might get addicted to it as it is, and maybe it can give you what you need.

If you get a 105 then you can shake it down for any problems, and get it running really well while you find a 40 shell to drop on it later - you don't need the whole truck after all do you.

Yeah that’s very true mate I just love the shape of the 40 series but want the coil all round suspension and a different motor just trying to figure out the best way to go Thankyou for your help

Yeah that’s very true mate I just love the shape of the 40 series but want the coil all round suspension and a different motor just trying to figure out the best way to go Thankyou for your help
Get a trailer for your 105 and you'll have something to collect your 40 shell on too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom