45 Troopy body on BJ75 chassi? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone!

Has anyone done this conversion? I’m curious if I can leave the engine and transmission in original place on the bj75 chassi when putting on the 45 body?
The BJ75 wheelbase is just 30mm longer than the 45 and the motor is quite far back as on the 45 but is it enough?

If there is any thread or information somewhere about this I’m happy to get the link and information.

If this thread is in the wrong category I’m sorry and happy to get it moved or help to se where I should post this question. New to the forum so I’m happy to learn.

Welcome. I have both but never thought about that particular swap. No idea how difficult it would be.

Do you already have both? Is the body off the 75 already? I have not seen this swap done before but maybe someone else has. I would start measuring and comparing body mount locations (in all three axis) and then look at the clearance for the motor and transmission.

Hello,

There are a few threads about this kind of conversion, but using an 80 Series frame. The main reason is the coil spring suspension, which is softer than leaf springs.

The late model 40 Series and early model 70 Series have a lot in common, most notably the leaf spring suspension.

Off the top of my head, a few things to consider are below.

Front shock absorber mounts and steering are two things that may need some work to fit in. The 70 Series steering mechanism is different and, unless you are willing to cut the front body to fit the steering box, some adaptation/fabrication may be necessary.

Body mounts may be different between the 40 Series and 70 Series. Some fabrication may be necessary.

Fuel tank also comes to mind, especially if the BJ75 has a double tank.

Now this is a project I would like to see going.

Juan

thanks for answering and thoughts.

I know the 40/80 conversion is popular but to much work for me, and I have bought a BJ75 chassi for a very good price.

I know body mounts and about the steering that needs to be adjusted to fit the 45body but I’m ok with that. It’s not going to be an original 45build, the plan is to get e but more modern and comfortable vehicle but with the classic look.

Just hope I can let the motor and transmission sit in its original place, I save a lot of time and work to not need to cut and replace fittings and remake the tail shafts as well.

I’ve found a 45 Ute on a 75chassis but not a troopy that I’m planning on building.

If anyone has more information or now anyone that have done this particular conversion I’m very happy for all the help I can get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom