saginaw steering question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a saginaw box out of an unknown year and model vehicle. I'm trying to find the correct rod end for it, does anyone know where I can get some information on the different tapers?

If you are talking abuot for the drag link to pitman arm try this:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=74380

If you are talking about a U joint for the input shaft the facts I have are this:
Pre - 77 vehicle box is 13/16 by 36 spline
Post - 77 vehicle box is 3/4 by 30 spline

Just count the splines and that will give it up.

Found that by searching Summit and some Borgeson.

Neither of those may help but maybe.

Good F###in luck!

Unless you know what that pitman arm is outta you will have nothing but greif tring to find the right TRE.

I have allready whent through all of this and ended up going to the junk yard and getting an arm off of a popular vehicle, then you can go to the parts dept and tell them exactly what you need.

i dont know what those boxes cost else where but around pa here there 40 or 50 bucks 90 to a hundred with hoses and pump everyone on here seems to mix and match and go for free seems like they take weeks trying to get parts then what do you do if it breaks. go to napa an say i need parts for an unknown pump or box for the small amount of money involved it seems it would be easier just to buy the stuff and put it in and know what you have good luck on your project

I do not know where you are going to find a steering end list that has the size diameter/taper and then the male thread size listed also...

There is some information on pitman arms and ends in this thread...

Good luck!

-Steve

My steering box came out of an early 90's camaro, and the factory toyota taper matched it perfectly. works great, other than the box is a little fast. the arm would have worked better with a lift, but it does ok with my stock height.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom