For Sale Sacramento, CA: Rust Free Freeborn Red 1985 FJ60 - $6000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am selling my low mileage 1985 Toyota FJ 60 Land Cruiser. This vehicle is an exceptional survivor and very original overall with very low miles for its age. This cruiser was purchased for its rust-free body after an extensive search for the right candidate, and is about as good of a builder as you are apt to find. Per the previous owner, the motor is a strong running low mileage rebuild. The transmission went out and they never got around to installing a new one. A very nice stock 4-speed transmission has been sourced and will be included in the purchase. It will take very little to get this thing back on the road. Anyone who knows FJ60's knows that they can be a little slow getting up to speed, but they will cruise at 75 all day long and will take you ANYWHERE you want to go -- on or off-road. This sweet FJ sports mostly original Freeborn Red paint -- one of, I believe, the BEST colors ever offered for the 60/62 series wagons. This is an original Arizona vehicle and has NO RUST whatsoever that I can see. In fact, this is the most solid, rust-free Landcruiser I have ever seen. I think the photos really tell the story here.

This FJ is offered for sale at the very reasonable price of $6,000. I am only selling because I need the money to put into my FJ62. Located in Citrus Heights, CA. Can assist with shipping if needed. Clean AZ title.

Features:

-Engine: 2F 4.2 Liter, Inline 6, Carbureted
-Transmission: 4-Speed Manual
-4WD, with manual locking hubs
-Manual Choke
-Mileage: 198K
-Color: Freeborn Red with desirable grey interior
-Good tread remaining on Goodyear Wrangler M+S tires (P235/75R15)
-4 Door
-2-part hatch and tailgate
-Manual windows
-Manual door locks
-Interior in great shape for its age with minor exceptions
-Headliner is in great condition.
-Front driver seat has some small tears.
-New rubber floor mats
-Trip odometer
-Cup holders in center console
-Retractable rear seat belts
-Air-conditioning equipped
-Power Steering
-Rear window defrost
-Rear climate control
-Running Lights
-Front disc brakes
-Leaf springs front and rear
-Locking fuel door
- AM/FM/CD player with two front and two rear speakers

1.jpg
3.jpg
9.jpg
11.jpg
21.jpg

Buyer backed out. Once again available for sale.

Please note, I have no way to test run the motor without the transmission or flywheel installed.

Why not bolt up the flywheel and at least fire it up?
I'm sure most buyers will ask for a compression test .......

You're asking a premium for a vehicle that obviously needs work. You should supply all the info possible.

Time, mostly. Anyone is more than welcome to come take a look and do a compression test. I still feel the price to be quite fair and to reflect the work needed.

Hows price flexibility?

Let me know if you are taking offers as I’m checking out a few clean body frame calif ones for $1000-2500 at the moment in sac area and would swing by to check yours out if you had some room to work. ?

Last edited:
Here's my take and if this out of line or the moderators think it's inappropriate then go ahead and delete it ......

What I see:

A decent 60 with average milage. Nothing special considering its in CA not on the east coast.

Front to back:
Suspension bushings are shot
Sway bar bushings are shot
Knuckles need rebuild badly
Engine has 200k miles on it. Unknown if it runs, seller unwilling or unable to perform compression test
Won't pass smog
Missing emissions components and has wrong carb
There's a used trans & tcase combo in the back ...... Unknown condition. Pretty much count on rebuilding the tcase. Unknown if parts to install are missing.
Unknown clutch & hydraulics
Unknown brakes
Tires are worn but good enough to get it running
Dash is trashed
Driver seat torn
Roof/gutter seam cracked possible rust
Rear quarter panel damage and bad attempt at repaint
Bumpers dented

Should I keep going?! That's just from looking at pics and not having seen it in person to get a closer look.

Yes I'm picking this thing apart. But let's be honest here. You ( the seller ) bought this thing off somebody who dud very little maintenance and upkeep and finally had to park it because the tcase blew up. Now you're flipping it to make a couple of bucks. There's nothing wrong with that. But don't make the rig look as if it's the best out there because it's most certainly not.

MwebFJ60 - that is just a trick of the light, nothing wrong with the frame. I can send a pic if you're really curious.

OrangeFJ45 - Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I don't appreciate being made out to be a liar by someone I've never met based on a lot of assumptions. I love the truck, I provided all the info I could, many detailed photos, provided any more which were requested by potential buyers, and am open to anyone inspecting it in person. I sold it today, for full price, and had several other offers over $5k. Everybody I spoke to knew exactly what they were getting into, including the unknowns. In order for this to be a flip I'd probably have to be making money on the deal, which I'm not. I just decided I would rather finally start getting on Mudrak to finish up my 62 that has been there since 2014.

It's nice to see how friendly the supporting vendors are in this site.

In either case, it is sold, mods you can lock or delete this thread if you would like. I'm sure I'll be back on the boards when my 62 is running again, but I'll think twice before posting anything else for sale here.

Glad you got it sold. Wish I was in a position to buy, seemed like a good deal to me. Definitely keep the posts coming on that 62!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom