Rubber U Channel for door jams, tub channel etc... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all! Just wondering what people have used to protect the door jams on their 40's. I'm looking to order many a feet for all the 40's in the family (Mine, dads, brothers) and apparently not all are created equal. I've seen some that have metal insides but are pliable. That would be my preference. What size should I get and from where? I would like to protect any edge that I might potentially stand on.

Can't remember which vendor it was, but I am pretty sure I've seen what you are talking about offered as a kit before.

If it's not, or no longer offered by a vendor size and length would be personal preference to what all you want covered on your rig. Use a wire or similar material (flexible but holds shape) to measure length needed.
Some other things to consider when looking at sizes, are all three of you running doors, hard or soft? Is the door weather stripping in good condition? Wouldn't want a jamb cover to interfere with door or weatherstripping operation.

I've seen it posted here by others before, look at McMaster-Carr for ordering materials.

McMaster-Carr

JC Whitney has a lot of this kind of stuff - often called 'welting' - used to protect raw metal edges.

cool cruisers of texas had some welting that works well

cool cruisers of texas had some welting that works well

I'm trying to avoid them actually to see if I can find a general supplier. That should make it cheaper overall and something I would of course share with the community.

Today I went to my local Grainger and looked at their options. They're having some shipped to the store so I can check them out and see which one is best for the 40. This will happen Monday. I'll post back with my findings.

Pick and pull/wrecking yards, Lots of cars use it to protect edges , go for a walk at the local wrecking yard.. stuff like that is usually free if you buy something else.. look at isuzu and nissan products, all are similar to toyota.. some makes use the welting to hold the weatherstripping in place. look at SUV's with big back doors they have a lot of that around the rear door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom