Round mirror retaining plate availability? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1/1975 FJ45 has had an aftermarket mirror fitted to the passenger side. I have been able to source a replacement, round type but it it is missing the ball/socket/ retainer plate with the 3 screw holes.

I have had no luck finding this specific part and was wondering if they are obtainable or not? I could try and make something but thought I would try here first.

Let me know your thoughts?

IMG_7978.jpg

IMG_8058.jpg

Use the socket retainer from a new one.

Curious how close to the ocean you are? The previous owner kept it in a building. My parents had a 1962 Chevy Impala they gave to me. We lived in AZ. Shortly after they moved to Los Angeles. Few years later it was at a point they could use the Chevy more than myself. I drove it back over where it was parked outside. Wasn't long before rust started showing up from fog off the ocean. I'm sure they were at least twenty miles from the ocean. I know some like the patina look which is fine as long as it doesn't slowly rust away. Personally I like the pitina on this cruiser that will be fifty four years old next month.
IMG_2516.JPG
The carrot 025 (1).JPG

In a few weeks will be around where most my parts are kept. That cruiser the original owner had issues with left side mirror that wouldn't stay tight. Believe the ball section in the back of mirror is worn. I just replaced the arm and mirror. Pretty sure the old mirror is on this box. If you don't find one sooner I post a picture of that mirror which has patina but not really rusted.
IMG_20201103_152836844.jpg

Curious how close to the ocean you are? The previous owner kept it in a building. My parents had a 1962 Chevy Impala they gave to me. We lived in AZ. Shortly after they moved to Los Angeles. Few years later it was at a point they could use the Chevy more than myself. I drove it back over where it was parked outside. Wasn't long before rust started showing up from fog off the ocean. I'm sure they were at least twenty miles from the ocean. I know some like the patina look which is fine as long as it doesn't slowly rust away. Personally I like the pitina on this cruiser that will be fifty four years old next month.
View attachment 3430075View attachment 3430076
In a few weeks will be around where most my parts are kept. That cruiser the original owner had issues with left side mirror that wouldn't stay tight. Believe the ball section in the back of mirror is worn. I just replaced the arm and mirror. Pretty sure the old mirror is on this box. If you don't find one sooner I post a picture of that mirror which has patina but not really rusted.
View attachment 3430078
Seems like you have the holy grail of round mirror stashes! Paul A has generously offered me the part I need so we will see if it makes the journey down under

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom