Front license plate holder (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Which of these is correct for a May of 1980 FJ40?

IMG_9175.jpeg

The only place I could find reference to the second bracket was from BTB. Every other site shows the first bracket as OEM.

The lower one is the style that was OEM on my '76, but only the "frame". The vertical bracket looks like it was replaced at some point, which explains the fasteners. It should be more of a stamped C-channel.

View attachment 3478644

I show 4/76 for change to the simple T style. I only have one of the later T style. The rest are the early style. I know for a 76 and for years before these were painted black not pewter. My T style not sure where I got it also black with the sticker will the part number still attached. During the early to mid sixties the back license plate bracket were body color but not sure that was true on the front. These were all black I picked up. Never seen one painted pewter.

That might be an early/25 bracket, I think the dimpled ones like @zerotreedelta has might be the intermediate between that and the T one. @tstepp920 I might be interested in the early one if selling. It does look worked on a bit though.

That might be an early/25 bracket, I think the dimpled ones like @zerotreedelta has might be the intermediate between that and the T one. @tstepp920 I might be interested in the early one if selling. It does look worked on a bit though.
its yours for $25.00 plus shipping

I show 4/76 for change to the simple T style. I only have one of the later T style. The rest are the early style. I know for a 76 and for years before these were painted black not pewter. My T style not sure where I got it also black with the sticker will the part number still attached. During the early to mid sixties the back license plate bracket were body color but not sure that was true on the front. These were all black I picked up. Never seen one painted pewter.
Mine is a 10/75 manufacture, but a 76MY. That matches your dates.

And you are correct - it should be black, but I opted for pewter for a little contrast as I have a non-OEM heavy bumper that was black... basically flip flopped from OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom