Wanted Room side lamp hole cover for 1982-84 FJ4X, HJ4X, or BJ4X part # 61549-90800 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Australia did get them on the left B pillar. Grabbed the one out of this wrecked 84 HJ47RV.
Before and after.
View attachment 2838519View attachment 2838520

Were the NOS the light that works off switches on the A pillar? Have plenty of A pillar switches could us another light or two.

Did your troopy have a grab handle over the front doors? The wrecked troopy had the thread holes but neither side had the grab handle. Believe when I searched it only showed one per.vehicle.
Yes my troopy has grab handles over both front doors. I don't think I have a switch for the light on the A pillar. Pretty sure this light is just on or off with the switch on the light.

Edit: Definitely no A-Pillar switch and the light is on/off only.

Last edited:
Greg — if this is the type you found, it’s gold!

View attachment 2838567
Not exactly. The OEM part number for my Troopy is 81240-90802. It has a single bullet connector. The one I found is 81240-90300 which looks exactly like 81240-90802. Not sure I know the difference between the two unless one is a supersession.

9F5B03A1-1063-4D87-B162-04EAE023B2FA.jpeg

I see. Those are just lights with on/off function and still available from Toyota.
Not exactly. The OEM part number for my Troopy is 81240-90802. It has a single bullet connector. The one I found is 81240-90300 which looks exactly like 81240-90802. Not sure I know the difference between the two unless one is a supersession.

View attachment 2838597

I see. Those are just lights with on/off function and still available from Toyota.
Yes thanks. My Troopy only has on/off function for the light. No A-pillar switch.

84233SWITCH ASSY, COURTESY LAMP (FOR FRONT DOOR)
Not applicable

Yes thanks. My Troopy only has on/off function for the light. No A-pillar switch. And yes I had forgotten that they weren't NOS but new, in-stock - I've been buying a lot of parts....

84233SWITCH ASSY, COURTESY LAMP (FOR FRONT DOOR)
Not applicable

Yes my troopy has grab handles over both front doors. I don't think I have a switch for the light on the A pillar. Pretty sure this light is just on or off with the switch on the light.

Edit: Definitely no A-Pillar switch and the light is on/off only.

Does your troopy have the beige trim around the back that covers the seam where the cap bolts to sides? The troopy I posted did.

John @Living in the Past ,

Looks like a helluva kangaroo hit that "roo bar." Can see that the aluminum versions are more show than go.

Neither of those pictures are mine. Not sure a steel bull bar would have helped. Frame was toast. Quite the challenge getting the left side L brackets for transmission crossmember off using a cordless drill. Luckily The PTO and driveshaft survived. The winch itself didn't.

They all have it John, irrespective of the market, unless it’s missing.

Thank your Amir. Toyota didn't grace North America with any mid wheel 40 series. No LWB after 1967. 45LV was a four door back then. This troopy was the only one I actually got to look at inside. This was an amazingly clean one. No rust. Had window stickers from park in Northeast Queensland.

Does your troopy have the beige trim around the back that covers the seam where the cap bolts to sides? The troopy I posted did.

They all have it John, irrespective of the market, unless it’s missing.
Pretty sure it has it but I'm away from the house where the Troopy is until Thursday. So @Living in the Past, are you using the blank that you pulled? Happy to buy it and put it to good use if you aren't. :)

Edit: Yes it has the trim.

E66712A8-B94A-4632-9A15-9F9B7F94A7A3.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty sure it has it but I'm away from the house where the Troopy is until Thursday. So @Living in the Past, are you using the blank that you pulled? Happy to buy it and put it to good use if you aren't. :)

Edit: Yes it has the trim.

View attachment 2838600

Let me see if it's here. Pretty much everything I pulled off that troopy is still together in boxes. Believe all the boxes except one are here. I can never see buying another 40 series again and none of my tops are new enough to have the opposite cutout and blank. When I find it you can have it. Generally what I did when going thru wrecks, picked up stuff knew it wouldn't be charged for and hated to see it get scrapped. Picked up a number Darth Vader lights this way.

Will look to today and let you know if it's here.

Let me see if it's here. Pretty much everything I pulled off that troopy is still together in boxes. Believe all the boxes except one are here. I can never see buying another 40 series again and none of my tops are new enough to have the opposite cutout and blank. When I find it you can have it. Generally what I did when going thru wrecks, picked up stuff knew it wouldn't be charged for and hated to see it get scrapped. Picked up a number Darth Vader lights this way.

Will look to today and let you know if it's here.
You sir are quite the gentleman. No hurry whatsoever but would love to have it if you run across it. :cheers:

Thanks to @Living in the Past I have one of these mythical covers in my possession. This one is in very good shape; so much so that I might see about getting it scanned just in case someone else needs one in the future.

5F227667-B1DB-4447-91AD-7352A8249C66.jpeg

D68A4140-11E1-4195-AF5A-F487801C336E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom