Wanted Room side lamp hole cover for 1982-84 FJ4X, HJ4X, or BJ4X part # 61549-90800 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WarDamnEagle

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for the plastic cover that covers the hole in the passenger side B Pillar (assume that would be the B pillar?) which doesn't have the interior light. In searching through the part's diagrams it appears to apply to all B, F, or HJ4x vehicles from 1982 onward. Here are the details from the part's diagram and a photo courtesy of @Redgrrr.

61549COVER, ROOM SIDE LAMP HOLE
61549-90800

6273E881-8637-46F7-9890-B4966C0F2C69.jpeg

is this a DELETE cover / plug Mr. Eagle ?
I guess you could call it that but Toyota didn't. The B pillars on my 1983 FJ45 have identical cutouts on each side. The interior light is on one side and this cover goes over the other side. I'll post a photo of the cutout shortly. It appears that 1982 onward FJ4X, BJ4X, and HJ4X all came with this part. I assume in Australia it was on the other side but same part number (I think the photo above is from an Australian Troopy).

0E3EEC9E-92F1-450B-8731-AE8667583ECA.jpeg

Last edited:
just curious, is it 1 for both sides or is there a left and a right?

never seen this before

just curious, is it 1 for both sides or is there a left and a right?

never seen this before
The part number for Australia is the same as Europe, Japan and General so I assume it's one part. Maybe it rotates180 (or maybe 90?) depending on side?

If my research is correct, it would only be on '82 and '83 FJ40s in the US - and I could be wrong.

I have one on my BJ44. I'd need to dig it out of storage to take a better look at it's still on the left side hard top side.

Have these in my CDN 84 bj42 and US 83 fj40...my 84 troopy from Australia does not have it, customers JAP 82 bj46
20211109_145744.jpg
20211109_145754.jpg
I painted last year did have it.
Appears universal as light hole same, not mirrored.

I guess you could call it that but Toyota didn't. The B pillars on my 1983 FJ45 have identical cutouts on each side. The interior light is on one side and this cover goes over the other side. I'll post a photo of the cutout shortly. It appears that 1982 onward FJ4X, BJ4X, and HJ4X all came with this part. I assume in Australia it was on the other side but same part number (I think the photo above is from an Australian Troopy).

View attachment 2834283
Based on the plaid interior, I would bet that this is a Middle East/Gulf truck and not Australia.

That would be the driver’s side in Oz, which is where the (switched) interior light would be.

Based on the plaid interior, I would bet that this is a Middle East/Gulf truck and not Australia.

That would be the driver’s side in Oz, which is where the (switched) interior light would be.
You have the photos confused but you are correct otherwise. The photo with the plaid interior is my Troopy. It's a 1983 GCC spec Troopy. The photo I was referring to (when I said "above") is the top photo which shows the passenger side of a RHD vehicle.

FYI... Amir @FJ40GURU has the correct courtesy light for this space if you wanted to wire up on on both sides of your rig. When I rebuild my hard top, that's what I'm doing!

FYI... Amir @FJ40GURU has the correct courtesy light for this space if you wanted to wire up on on both sides of your rig. When I rebuild my hard top, that's what I'm doing!

My soft top bows had it on the passenger side so I just cut the same pattern on the driver side and plan to run 2 as well. Lemonade.

Thanks. I bought two NOS ones already so I have that option covered if I don't come up with one of the blanks.

Heck! I'll trade you a blank for a NOS light!

Thanks. I bought two NOS ones already so I have that option covered if I don't come up with one of the blanks.

Australia did get them on the left B pillar. Grabbed the one out of this wrecked 84 HJ47RV.
Before and after.
20141014_113902_resized.jpg
wrecked HJ47.jpg

Were the NOS the light that works off switches on the A pillar? Have plenty of A pillar switches could us another light or two.

Did your troopy have a grab handle over the front doors? The wrecked troopy had the thread holes but neither side had the grab handle. Believe when I searched it only showed one per.vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom