Resurfacing brake rotors - who has the best price these days? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
Prices for this service has gone redonk, approaching $30/each. Lmk who you use!

Brake Masters. I can't remember if it was $10 each or $20 each. Cash of course. Bring exact change. :rofl:

Autozone will do it too, but I don't remember how much.

Which rig is getting new brakes Ali?
Isabelle's 4runner got Tundra calipers+rotors and the junk yard wants the old ones as a core. Her rotors are NAPA premium about a year old so I figure I can sell/trade them to someone with a 3rd gen and return a pair of janky ones!!

Isabelle's 4runner got Tundra calipers+rotors and the junk yard wants the old ones as a core. Her rotors are NAPA premium about a year old so I figure I can sell/trade them to someone with a 3rd gen and return a pair of janky ones!!
Great upgrade! I did mine early into my ownership of the silver 3rd gen. The brakes were horrible when i purchased it so i can't speak for the original brake setup but i can say that the brakes felt solid after the TBU. Was going to recommend it but you two are already on it. Nice1.

Do they really need resurfacing? To me having them turned isn't necessary unless they are gouged. Check the runout and if it's good hit them with a scotchbrite pad on a die grinder to remove the glazing. If they are flat already there is no need to remove material.

Do they really need resurfacing? To me having them turned isn't necessary unless they are gouged. Check the runout and if it's good hit them with a scotchbrite pad on a die grinder to remove the glazing. If they are flat already there is no need to remove material.

They're not gouged but some schmuck used something blunt and put some divots on the rotors :bang: I did the die grinder thing to de-glaze them before install but those divots are on the backside when they tried to remove the rotors at the junk yard.

They're not gouged but some schmuck used something blunt and put some divots on the rotors :bang: I did the die grinder thing to de-glaze them before install but those divots are on the backside when they tried to remove the rotors at the junk yard.

Cool.

I know a lot of people that say that the rotors should be turned when the brakes are changed.

To me that is one of those things akin to a transmission flush and nitrogen in tires, just an easy upsell that can sometimes do more harm than good.

And here I thought I was just being lazy by scratching up and deglazing the surface with my die grinder. Good to know others consider it perfectly appropriate if the rotor is flat and serviceable.

@pappy nailed it with Brake Masters, $15/each cash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom