REPRODUCTION D-Pillar and Front Fender Vents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been out of town for 5 days so i'm looking forward to picking up my D pillar vents from my mail center!
I went with the black ano finish for my silver FJ60 (stock condition) and was going to order the fender vents in black ano as well but now second guessing that decision based on recent comments on this thread. I just took a few minutes looking at FJ60 pics online and it looks like the D pillar vents came stock in a gun metal'ish darker color vs chrome color on original fender vents - they never matched. Is that correct?
Any of you that ordered black ano D-pillar vents still going chrome on the fender vents?
Already been said multiple times but hats off to Trail Tailor for his excellent work here!

The D-pillar was a very dark charcoal color from the factory, black or charcoal pending how the light reflected off it. I think this black anodized acts the same way to the light. I had a set of new ones years ago and remember the color. I tried to get this same color/finish, but not offered from any of the plating companies I spoke with, not even in a special order.

About 30% of the original D-pillar buyers have requested chrome and the rest black anodized at the moment. Once I get a chrome plater nailed down I will let everyone know a total price for chrome or black anodized. Hopefully by the 1st of the year.

Jason

Yeah I ordered the black ano for the d pillar to match the color of the oem,but still looking for chrome vents. I also dechromed most of my cruiser including the grill and headlight surrounds. However I still like the “line of chrome” that the landcruiser logo, door handles, and vents make. It looks nice without being too much. Just one mans opinion! All black on some cruisers looks great too

The final 3D printed fender vent model. It'll go to the mill next week.

The long curve and the back side pin placement was a challenge but we got it dialed in along with almost an identical perimeter match of the OEM vent and OEM fender cutout.

Happy Holidays guys!

J & A

View attachment 1860821 View attachment 1860822

These look great! probably looked into it but was there any chance of having straight angled lines on the vent holes, like OEM, vs the rounded sides?

These look great! probably looked into it but was there any chance of having straight angled lines on the vent holes, like OEM, vs the rounded sides?

Nope, all the replica pieces will be like this including the marker light covers.

J

J

I’m good with chrome or black ano to match the D pillar vents. Truly appreciate your craftsmanship and attention to detail.

Approx. lead times

Jan. 10th on bare metal fender vents

Jan. 16th on black anodized fender vents

?? on chrome fender vents ( all the platers want a vent to quote so Jan 11- 15th to get those out to them) I'm only sourcing to 2 shops. So we'll see what happens.

Jan. 26th front and rear marker light covers

AC bezel is still in R&D.

J

As usual Jason has come through in a big way! I received my D pillar vents just before the cut off and they are AWESOME! I love the feel of the single metal piece in my hands. They are heavier and a bit bulkier than the original plastic bits, and I'm sure they will last much longer. Here are a few photos I snapped during installation:

IMG_20181222_130456630_HDR-XL.jpg

IMG_20181222_130510026_HDR-XL.jpg

Side by side you can instantly tell these are a huge upgrade!

IMG_20181222_130520288_HDR-XL.jpg

All one piece construction. I love the look of milled metal!

IMG_20181222_125808846_HDR-XL.jpg

Old and worn

IMG_20181222_130259139_HDR-XL.jpg

New and shiny!!

IMG_20181222_130306129_HDR-XL.jpg

They do stick out a bit more than the factory bits, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Jason also includes new gaskets and hardware to install the vents. As usual with all of Trail Tailor's offerings these are top notch quality and I'm damn proud to be sporting them! Just another way Jason is helping us out trying to keep our older rigs on the road for years to come. These were worth every penny and if you are in need of these vents you should snag them now!

Thanks again to Jason at Trail Tailor for keeping the addiction going!!

As usual Jason has come through in a big way! I received my D pillar vents just before the cut off and they are AWESOME! I love the feel of the single metal piece in my hands. They are heavier and a bit bulkier than the original plastic bits, and I'm sure they will last much longer. Here are a few photos I snapped during installation:

IMG_20181222_130456630_HDR-XL.jpg

IMG_20181222_130510026_HDR-XL.jpg

Side by side you can instantly tell these are a huge upgrade!

IMG_20181222_130520288_HDR-XL.jpg

All one piece construction. I love the look of milled metal!

IMG_20181222_125808846_HDR-XL.jpg

Old and worn

IMG_20181222_130259139_HDR-XL.jpg

New and shiny!!

IMG_20181222_130306129_HDR-XL.jpg

They do stick out a bit more than the factory bits, but I don't think that's a bad thing.

Jason also includes new gaskets and hardware to install the vents. As usual with all of Trail Tailor's offerings these are top notch quality and I'm damn proud to be sporting them! Just another way Jason is helping us out trying to keep our older rigs on the road for years to come. These were worth every penny and if you are in need of these vents you should snag them now!

Thanks again to Jason at Trail Tailor for keeping the addiction going!!

C,

Thanks for the pics and review. Hope you guys are doing good.

J

Jason
So what’s the preferred way to get on the list for these new items you got coming out?

Jason
So what’s the preferred way to get on the list for these new items you got coming out?

J,

I really don't have a list. I'll announce when they are available back on the website. The D-pillars will be available first as I have some on hand.

Once again, the fender vents will be offered to the original D-pillar buyers first and then added to the website. I will put a timeline on this pre-sale offering og 48 hours.

J

After installing my new keyed ignition It was obvious the plastic steering column surround was in need of a more durable upgrade... maybe a future consideration :)
I’ll obviously send you my money

I think @NLXTACY has these on his list...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom