Builds Reinhardtius's Single Cab (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a new brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder, and clutch release cylinder.

Red Land Cruiser (@redlandcruiser) • Instagram photos and videos

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 11.22.50.png

In the meantime, here is a photo from a drive into town, something @Arizona Jeff can appreciate. Also, I attach a photo of my daily driver, a 2007 Regular Cab, 2nd Gen Tacoma. I just installed a Triple M tray on the back, which is a factory tray option in Australia for Hilux and I believe also available on the 70 series as well. It's extremely nice, practical, and was not that expensive.

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 08.58.08.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 08.58.00.png

In the meantime, here is a photo from a drive into town, something @Arizona Jeff can appreciate. Also, I attach a photo of my daily driver, a 2007 Regular Cab, 2nd Gen Tacoma. I just installed a Triple M tray on the back, which is a factory tray option in Australia for Hilux and I believe also available on the 70 series as well. It's extremely nice, practical, and was not that expensive.

Hey RH, could you expand a little on that tray on your Tacoma? Where and how did you get it in the US and if you don't mind, how much did it set you back? I really like it! Thinking about whether I would like putting that on the diesel 75 single cab I am working on.

I replaced the door scuffs yesterday, which were popping out of the rockers and scuffed up. The problem is that Sepia Brown door scuffs appear to be NLA, so I painted a gray set with brown spray paint, and the results turned out great. I also used Toyota screws, which were like a dollar a pop, but they look great, too.

BUT, I am not convinced that they are going to hold up from constant bumping.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for how to paint them more effectively? I was thinking of brown Plasti-Dip. I am pinging @c2dfj45 for any clever tricks learned in your line of work.

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 10.03.07.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 10.02.56.png

I replaced the door scuffs yesterday, which were popping out of the rockers and scuffed up. The problem is that Sepia Brown door scuffs appear to be NLA, so I painted a gray set with brown spray paint, and the results turned out great. I also used Toyota screws, which were like a dollar a pop, but they look great, too.

BUT, I am not convinced that they are going to hold up from constant bumping.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for how to paint them more effectively? I was thinking of brown Plasti-Dip. I am pinging @c2dfj45 for any clever tricks learned in your line of work.

View attachment 2117772

View attachment 2117774

I've had really good luck with SEM interior dyes.....proper prep and following their instructions is critical. You'll have to guess at the color...they have a bunch. Pretty pricey per can. I have a sample card with all their colors....it's been invaluable finding the right colors for the various grays and browns on these trucks.

If you need real resistance to scratches/scuffs.....hit them with some Duplicolor clear bedliner. Genius stuff. You can spray it on pretty light so the texture is minimal....or spray it heavy with more texture. You'll find other uses for it. It's great. We did the patina floors in my 45LV to not only protect them but give them some skid resistance. Couldn't be happier with it.

I've had really good luck with SEM interior dyes.....proper prep and following their instructions is critical. You'll have to guess at the color...they have a bunch. Pretty pricey per can. I have a sample card with all their colors....it's been invaluable finding the right colors for the various grays and browns on these trucks.

If you need real resistance to scratches/scuffs.....hit them with some Duplicolor clear bedliner. Genius stuff. You can spray it on pretty light so the texture is minimal....or spray it heavy with more texture. You'll find other uses for it. It's great. We did the patina floors in my 45LV to not only protect them but give them some skid resistance. Couldn't be happier with it.

I think I am going to go with the duplicolor. I dragged my shoe across the plastic scuff and it's already scuffed. Back to the drawing board! I think it will be perfect with the extra protection of the clear bedliner spray.

Cheers

Meh, hard to say if it would stick out like a sore thumb. I’ll order one; worse case, it gets painted 😀

Never mind the painting: I found the original brown ones:

Never mind the painting: I found the original brown ones:

Just an update that those brown looking ones are actually tan. They showed up today from Australia and I am going to install them later today. I think they will actually look pretty good, given that the dash components are the same exact color. I still have one of the gray ones painted brown, and can shoot some clear bedliner over them, but I think I will actually run these original tan ones.

Part number 6791390K00E0
It is TAN

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 13.47.37.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom