Recent FJ62 Owner (San Francisco) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought i'd chime in and introduce myself now that I have proper photos of the rig.

I recently bought (almost a month ago) a FJ62 from a board member down in San Diego. He (Jamie) posted it in the classifieds section here on Thursday and I drove it back up to SF on Sunday. (Took a long ass time because 1) it's a lot slower than my Lexus 2) I kept on freaking out about the check engine light, even know Jamie told me it was the o2 sensors

Anyway - Since buying it, I took it to Mudrak this past Tuesday. Gary is a super nice, knowledge guy and his staff is also top notch. I literally spent from 830am to 6pm hanging out in his shop, bothering his people with a multitude of questions. (I have 0 mechanical knowledge, so I bought the FJ62 to learn on as well as have a little fun)

We put in new tie rods (555 brand), OEM fuel filter, OEM o2 sensors, OEM PCV valve, OEM Spark Plugs, OME sway struts, and fixed the shifter bushing, wheel bearings, and other small items.

For sure to do:
- get a OEM radiator (currently is cracked at the top) - can't believe it costs ~$800
- rebuild the knuckles

Other possible projects:
- thinking about adding a front ARB bumper, though probably a little overkill here in SF. For those that have one installed, what are the cons?
- need brighter light output. Got a quote from a shop here in the city to put in HID's for ~300 bucks. Anyone have serious thoughts against this? (i'd like to keep the car as OEM as possible, but the stock light output is horrible...)

Other stats on the car:
- 246k miles
- tranny was rebuilt back in mid 2000's
- has OME lift
- running on Toyota Sequoia wheels

Anyone in the Bay Area want to tackle those 2 for sure projects together? I unfortunately don't have any tools nor really a garage (live in a big apt complex in the financial district), so i can't offer much other than a shared passion, conversation, and beer =)

Jason
image-2940432040.jpg
image-88553079.jpg
image-1282929990.jpg
image-2684115513.jpg

radiator barn rads aren't $800. and many people are happy with them. OEM isn't neccessary for a rad.

headlights, get a relay setup for the headlights and you'll see improvement.

check with georg, orangefj45 here on mud, valley hybrids in Stockton. he can fix you up with parts and service.

nice looking 62!

I use radiator barn, approx 250.00 have never had a problem. Welcome join a club. MIke

Before you do HID I would check out ther sylvania silver star bulbs. Much brighter and not $300! You could also mount a set of clear lens fog or driving lights on your front bumper, world of difference.

Congrat's on the new truck looks great.

If you swap out the front bumper you could sell the factory bumper to offset some of the cost. Don't see alot of clean front bumpers. Take advantage of the "for sale" section.

Oh yeah, welcome to the addiction:flipoff2::flipoff2:

Last edited:
Clean cruiser. Looks good! Congrats.

Nice 62 :D Glad to hear that Mudrak is still around and good to work with. I've been eyeballing their NP203/toyota case adapter.

There is a fellow mud member that sells a headlight upgrade harness (slcfj62) I purchased it and it is awesome. Easy to install and made a HUGE improvement!

I like the stance of your 62. What size are your tires? I assume the OME lift is 2.5 - 3"?

I remember when that was for sale. I was tempted to buy it and drive it back to NY! Nice rig

Hey

Hey man,

I think I saw you recently, I live in the Marina and have a lifted tan 60 (also done by Gary). We crossed paths on Union St...

Can't say I can help with workspace but I have halogens and they are great, SLC's harness (the one mentioned above) is on my list.

As for the bullbar, my upstairs neighbor has one on his blue 60, I think he's happy with it.

We both use Gary when possible, does great work!

Oh, and my name is Jason, too.

Great lookin Rig! x3 on the rad I just got 1 for my 62 & works great here in the Az desert.
I like the pics in the marina next to Crissy Fields & bi the wharf.

oh yeah, welcome to MUD:flipoff2:

Put in a kill switch. Lots of stories about cruisers getting stolen from urban areas...

P.S. sorry you live in San Fran... I frickin hate driving there! (and it smells a bit like homeless guy pee in every corner)

Nice new rig. Another one in SF!

Get some security for that thing.

arb lights

My name is Andre, I am jason's neighbor. I love the arb bullbar- my old stock one was all dented up from people backing into me. I put IPF fog lights on the bumper and they work great in "total" darkness. Currently my front license plate is dented up but, I bet "their" back bumper is dented up more....

yes, love the crissy fields pic
Hey man,

I think I saw you recently, I live in the Marina and have a lifted tan 60 (also done by Gary). We crossed paths on Union St...

Can't say I can help with workspace but I have halogens and they are great, SLC's harness (the one mentioned above) is on my list.

As for the bullbar, my upstairs neighbor has one on his blue 60, I think he's happy with it.

We both use Gary when possible, does great work!

Oh, and my name is Jason, too.

Hey, I'm in SF as well, in the Mission near the lovely 16th and mission BART station. Bought my 60 a few weeks ago and have been working on it as much as possible.

Have an ARB front / Kaymar rear and people tend to give a wide berth when they park near me. Fortunately, it lives in my garage at night.

Reorganizing the garage for some construction over the next few weeks. But after that, I'd be happy to host some wrenching sessions. Mine needs lots of work, so I'll be doing it regularly...

Tom
image-759302035.jpg

SF here as well. Can't miss my rig. If you want to talk lights and ARB, ping me any time. I've done more than my share of electrical work to the rig. Gary replaced my radiator a few years ago, it was just easier having him do that and a bunch of other things all at once. Rig looks nice. Congrats.

PM Mailbox is full:(

I tried to PM u, I'm in the east bay and could help you out with removing your stock bumper, mounts and install the arb if ur interested pm me im looking for a stock bumper:)

Kelly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom