Recall on fuel pumps for 2014-15 TLCs and LX570s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

studawg

SILVER Star
Threads
I thought was across the board cars , 4runners and 2018 / 2019 land cruisers , they were saying fuel pump . I did a check on a few of my Toyotas and nothing yet .

I have a 2015 LC have not received anything yet.

Got a notice on our 2019 this week.

Interesting that the 14, 15, 18 and 19 LC are recalled. I'd be surprised if the 16 and 17 had different pumps that all the other years listed.

Is there a filter that can be replaced during this job should you be lucky enough to require this...???

edit: Sorry, maybe they had already recalled the 200s affected, but Im just now hearing about it.

PLANO, Texas (March 4, 2020) – Toyota is amending a safety recall involving fuel pumps that was announced on January 13, 2020. Approximately 1.8 million vehicles in total are now involved in this recall, as amended. The models and model years that have vehicles included in this recall are certain:
  • 2014-2015 Model Year Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser; Lexus GX 460, IS 350, LX 570

Owners of vehicles currently included in the recall, that were not included in the original recall population on January 13, 2020, will be notified by early May.

Information about automotive recalls, including but not limited to the list of involved vehicles, is current as of today’s filing date and is subject to change thereafter. To see if your vehicle is involved in a safety recall visit Toyota.com/recall or nhtsa.gov/recalls and enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or license plate information.

1583374951549.png

certain 2018-2019 Model Year Toyota 4Runner, Camry, Highlander, Land Cruiser ...

Last edited:
Just researched this and they're up to 1.8 million vehicles. I hope the fuel pump manufacturer has got the production line all spun up.

Is there a filter that can be replaced during this job should you be lucky enough to require this...???
There isn’t much of a filter, but a strainer mesh little bag. It is attached to the bottom of the fuel pump. Which sits in a bucket so that way even when you are low on fuel, the bucket is pretty full and keeps the pump cool.

With a new fuel pump, you’ll get a new strainer, but it doesn’t stop much more than is some plastic or thread protector from fuel transfer threads gets in the tank.

My FJ had 150k when I dropped the tank, yeah know, just to see. It was spotless, and I lived all over the country during ownership of that truck.

Anyone had this recall done yet? How long did it take? Probably a good time to get it done as I'm not leaving for a long trip till things open back up. That being said, has anyone actually had a failure in the real world?

Received my letter from Toyota on my 2015 LX570 this week. Again, not aware of anyone on this board mentioning this issue. If I remember correctly, it was a problem with the low pressure fuel pump.

Got a call today for the same recall on my 2015. Could it be the reason for occasional hesitation when on the gas?

I was at the dealer for an oil change and was notified that my '14 is part of the recall. No resolution or date available.

My daughter's Lexus GX was called in for fuel pump replacement and then the vehicle became immobilized on a trip of 200 miles, necessitating a rental car to complete. Bad or failure to install an O ring. Jeez, the cure was worse than the disease.

Told 10 days ago they were ordering a new fuel pump for my LX 570 2015 today they notified me that they weren’t doing the fuel pumps now and would notify me again when they started fixing this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom