New Member! (2014 LX570) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
car.jpg

I have been lurking and reading through this forum for a little over a year now. Decided it is finally time to join. Bought a 2014 LX570 at the tail end of 2021 and it has been absolutely bulletproof. Vehicle is mostly stock except the following:

1. New "TRD Style Grille" with amber lights.
2. Grom VLine VL2 unit (installed by myself in 2022) So far not many bugs, tech support is phenomenal!
3. LED Reverse lights as I live out in the county and there are not many street lights.
4. Sensor Lift to level out the vehicle.

What I plan to do next is:
1. Larger Tires (I actually like the look of the 20" OEM wheels and plan to keep them. I do not do any heavy offroading... yet;)) Just hard to find info on what will fit without issue...
2. Maybe remove the running boards, still thinking about this one.
3. Replace the factory fog lights with amber colored lights for better visibility.
4. De-Chrome a decent bit of the vehicle, don't really know where to start on this though...

View attachment 3582403

I have been lurking and reading through this forum for a little over a year now. Decided it is finally time to join. Bought a 2014 LX570 at the tail end of 2021 and it has been absolutely bulletproof. Vehicle is mostly stock except the following:

1. New "TRD Style Grille" with amber lights.
2. Grom VLine VL2 unit (installed by myself in 2022) So far not many bugs, tech support is phenomenal!
3. LED Reverse lights as I live out in the county and there are not many street lights.
4. Sensor Lift to level out the vehicle.

What I plan to do next is:
1. Larger Tires (I actually like the look of the 20" OEM wheels and plan to keep them. I do not do any heavy offroading... yet;)) Just hard to find info on what will fit without issue...
2. Maybe remove the running boards, still thinking about this one.
3. Replace the factory fog lights with amber colored lights for better visibility.
4. De-Chrome a decent bit of the vehicle, don't really know where to start on this though...
Does your radar cruise still work with the grill you have? I like the look of the grill.

Does your radar cruise still work with the grill you have? I like the look of the grill.
It does! That was one of the things I was worried about. Although, I do not use cruise control often (weird, I know...)

But it seems to work just fine, the grill was bought from "Garage Alpha Offroad" and I put it on in an hour or so. The install videos I watched showed people dropping the entire front bumper assembly, however, I was able to install it by just removing the grille itself, takes a bit of care to not mess up any clips, but it is possible. Probably saved an hour or two by doing it that way. For the lights, I just used an "add a fuse" type adapter from AutoZone and added it to the fuse for "Meter" (Fuse #53 in the engine bay fuse box)👍

Looks clean. How did you get your headlights so clean. What low beam headlight are you using
For the headlights I just used some Meguier’s polishing compound, a polishing/waxing tool from Ryobi and a micro fiber towel to help keep the oxidation at bay (replacement headlights are EXPENSIV. Previous owner only kept this parked inside at all times so that helped.

Low beams, I haven’t touched, they’re LED I believe (correct me if I’m wrong) and are the “motorized” headlights so the lights turn as you turn the vehicle. I’m still trying to find a good replacement for the high beams as they aren’t too impressive currently.
Looks clean. How did you get your headlights so clean. What low beam headlight are you using
Previous owner kept this garage parked almost always, so that helped. But I just use some polishing compound every 6 months or so to try and keep them clean as replacement headlights are expensive. Also not much aftermarket support yet.

Low beams are the factory lights, they’re the motorized headlights that turn when you turn the steering wheel. I believe they’re LED. They’re a pain to replace from what I’ve read.

For the headlights I just used some Meguier’s polishing compound, a polishing/waxing tool from Ryobi and a micro fiber towel to help keep the oxidation at bay (replacement headlights are EXPENSIV. Previous owner only kept this parked inside at all times so that helped.

Low beams, I haven’t touched, they’re LED I believe (correct me if I’m wrong) and are the “motorized” headlights so the lights turn as you turn the vehicle. I’m still trying to find a good replacement for the high beams as they aren’t too impressive currently.

Previous owner kept this garage parked almost always, so that helped. But I just use some polishing compound every 6 months or so to try and keep them clean as replacement headlights are expensive. Also not much aftermarket support yet.

Low beams are the factory lights, they’re the motorized headlights that turn when you turn the steering wheel. I believe they’re LED. They’re a pain to replace from what I’ve read.
Ignore double reply. Browser crashed and it apparently uploaded anyway lol.

It does! That was one of the things I was worried about. Although, I do not use cruise control often (weird, I know...)

But it seems to work just fine, the grill was bought from "Garage Alpha Offroad" and I put it on in an hour or so. The install videos I watched showed people dropping the entire front bumper assembly, however, I was able to install it by just removing the grille itself, takes a bit of care to not mess up any clips, but it is possible. Probably saved an hour or two by doing it that way. For the lights, I just used an "add a fuse" type adapter from AutoZone and added it to the fuse for "Meter" (Fuse #53 in the engine bay fuse box)👍
I've been looking at the grill, but was hesitant to buy one if the Radar features wouldn't work. I use the "Auto-highbeams" frequently on night drives, and use radar cruise as well. Thanks for letting me know it works :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom