Rear Wiper Arm Upgrade/Replacement - JDM OEM Parts (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Post some pics, interested on how this pans out!

So I took the plunge at Pick and Pull and it looks like the early Prius wiper fits perfectly. I mounted it on a Pick n Pull hatch and need to transfer to my truck, but I think it is gonna be just right.
Please let us know how it turns out. The base of the wiper wouldn’t sit flush on mine, but if the older gen Prius ones fit, I may look into that.

Anybody locate where to purchase these arms? Sounds like @ranma21 sells, but haven't seen a response. Looked at ebay just now and there is only one item fitting the description, but coming from China vs. Japan...so doesn't feel quite right?

I had the same issues with pressure on the window. It was missing the upper 2/3inches. So I bought a longer 16in replacement blade, and it works perfectly. The blade that comes with it is only a 14in I believe.

Is the general consensus that the China $10 part is a POS? I realize we're only talking $10 here, but if its junk I don't want to order it, and the testimonials above aren't 'glowing'...

Also - @RJS HTX - any tips for getting in touch with @ranma21 ? Sounds like he's got the goods but seems like he's gone dark...

I ordered one as well and the arm was not the correct fitment. They sent a replacement and now the arm is correct but as mentioned above the wiper blade is not the correct size. I was planning to complain again but if it is as simple as buying a longer blade that may be less effort.

Last edited:
I ordered mine amd seem to be super short. Contacted the seller and said " its not OEM".. uhh. I would think it would be proportionate size to the oem one.

IMG_2666.jpg

I put the blade on it and installed it and still super short IMO.

May be the angle I am holding the arm and taking the picture might look similar size but its not.

There is no newer style OEM wiper arm that's made specifically for the 100s from what I know.

The one that ranma21 sells (and the one I have on my rig) is OEM Yota but from the Alphard van sold overseas.

I bought this one:

eBay link

You have to modify the arm to put pressure on the window. Where it pivots, there are two plastic 'arms' inside that need to be filed down to allow it to compress beyond the original position. I stuck a round skinny file in my drill and had it done in a few minutes. You'll recognize what needs to be filed when you look inside.

For $12... Sure, whatever. I wouldn't have paid anymore for it and if I knew about it prior, wouldn't have bought it at all. The plastic looks like it'll be chalky and s***ty soon, the blade doesn't look like a universal replacement. When it inevitably gets faded, or no longer holds pressure, or the blade goes bad, I'll just replace it with my already repainted, Rain-X blade wearing OEM arm and not think twice about it.

20190805_204947_HDR.jpg

I bought this one:

eBay link

You have to modify the arm to put pressure on the window. Where it pivots, there are two plastic 'arms' inside that need to be filed down to allow it to compress beyond the original position. I stuck a round skinny file in my drill and had it done in a few minutes. You'll recognize what needs to be filed when you look inside.

For $12... Sure, whatever. I wouldn't have paid anymore for it and if I knew about it prior, wouldn't have bought it at all. The plastic looks like it'll be chalky and s***ty soon, the blade doesn't look like a universal replacement. When it inevitably gets faded, or no longer holds pressure, or the blade goes bad, I'll just replace it with my already repainted, Rain-X blade wearing OEM arm and not think twice about it.

View attachment 2059820

Good price, but it bothers me that it's not parallel with the window ha!

and your reason for the hybrid emblem?

Good price, but it bothers me that it's not parallel with the window ha!

and your reason for the hybrid emblem?

I don't disagree. If I situated it lower it would have hung off the glass on to the paint.

That's my HOV pass.

Guys - I took the @landylover21 route, and ordered the Alphard parts from the mother country, aka Japan, aka Amayama Trading Company. Great experience, was quick enough considering distance. I was even impressed by their duct tape, its better than ours. Anyway - the only thing I would STRONGLY suggest is proceeding with caution when removing current rear wiper arm. Spray on a bunch of penetrating oil and whatever else you need to prevent yourself from snapping the bolt of the linkage assembly. Take it easy because the diameter is small and super easy to snap. Despite previously posted advice I snapped mine, which doubled the cost of the upgrade and probably tripled the time of install, the linkage is a little tricky to swap out. Doable, just a PITA dummy tax to pay for an otherwise quick/easy/inexpensive upgrade. Anyway, really like the end product, the OEM arm looks like junk IMO, this guy brings it up a level.
IMG_1132.jpg

Man how did I miss this mod. This is right up there with changing out my shift lever knob. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom