Rear sound deadener installed. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just for reference it takes all of 36 square feet of 80mil to do the rear quarters , wheel wells an back floor area.

20230722_182229.jpg

20230722_182217.jpg

20230722_182150.jpg

Very nice work. Having done a much smaller space on a sportscar years ago, you have my respect for the a mount of work it took to do it that nicely.

Nice! I did the rear on mine a month or so ago. It's a lot of work, but totally worth it. I also did closed-cell-foam over the sound deadener. Works pretty well. Still need to do the front, but I need to fix my windshield seal leak first. Then new carpet with mass-loaded-vinyl and it should be a lot quieter.

Not sure what you mean?
You covered the inner metal (where the vapor barrier is). I was under the impression the sound deadening goes against the outer skin. I don’t know just asking what is best. I’ve got some stacked up about to go in.

That is thorough. I had it in my mind that the deadener should go on the inside of the exterior metal, not the interior as you have here? Is it best to wrap the inner metal?
On this 80 the inside metal and inner door skin along with cargo area are covered along with roof fire wall along with lizard skin ceramic coating on firewall on the inside and in engine bay I would say about 98% coverage. Alot of time into it.

You covered the inner metal (where the vapor barrier is). I was under the impression the sound deadening goes against the outer skin. I don’t know just asking what is best. I’ve got some stacked up about to go in.
New vapor barrier are also going over the deadener but yes interior of doors are covered along with where the vapor barrier goes. I worked in car audio back in the day I will say this is the most sound deadner I have used on one vehicle should be very quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom