Real Time Help - left-over part! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm putting the rear axle for my disk brake swap back together. It's from a 74 FJ55. I put the small pieces - axle clips, center shaft & block that goes through the diff, cover nuts, etc. - into a tupperware. Now as I'm about done, I find this rubber o-ring in there. But I don't know where it came from ... I don't remember taking it out??

It looks like it might fit over that center shaft - can't tell for sure as the cover is already partly back on.

Can anybody tell me where this goes? Or did somebody slip it in there to **** with me!?
pocket_piece.jpg

Looks too new and clean...
Looking thru Toyodiy.com I don't see any seals like that for the drive axles.

ToyoDIY.com

But I am not schooled up on the FJ's

are you sure it wasn't used to seal your drain plug or fill plug? looks about the right diameter

The only thing that comes to mind "might" be one of the o-rings inside the brake caliper that rides on the 2 locator pins that hold the caliper to the bracket. That looks a little big though, what are the chances of somone f$kin' with you?

are you sure it wasn't used to seal your drain plug or fill plug? looks about the right diameter

No rubber rings for either fill or drain plugs.

Thanks guys - I don't think it's from the drain or fill plugs. To small, and I've never seen an o-ring on them. And this axle has never had disk brakes on it (yet!).

The odds of somebody ****ing with me are really low, but I'll be damned if I know where this came from. It was in the tupperware with all the other parts I needed to put the axles back in and the cover plate back on and the lid was on!

Also looks like the right size for a garden hose seal?

Ok, guess I'm going to button it up and chalk this up garage gnome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom