Real Time Help - left-over part! (1 Viewer)

I'm putting the rear axle for my disk brake swap back together. It's from a 74 FJ55. I put the small pieces - axle clips, center shaft & block that goes through the diff, cover nuts, etc. - into a tupperware. Now as I'm about done, I find this rubber o-ring in there. But I don't know where it came from ... I don't remember taking it out??

It looks like it might fit over that center shaft - can't tell for sure as the cover is already partly back on.

Can anybody tell me where this goes? Or did somebody slip it in there to f*** with me!?
pocket_piece.jpg

The only thing that comes to mind "might" be one of the o-rings inside the brake caliper that rides on the 2 locator pins that hold the caliper to the bracket. That looks a little big though, what are the chances of somone f$kin' with you?

Thanks guys - I don't think it's from the drain or fill plugs. To small, and I've never seen an o-ring on them. And this axle has never had disk brakes on it (yet!).

The odds of somebody f***ing with me are really low, but I'll be damned if I know where this came from. It was in the tupperware with all the other parts I needed to put the axles back in and the cover plate back on and the lid was on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom