Readers Rides, for pics and specs on your Toy(s). (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What series is it raced in? 1450 used to be a MORE class, don't know if any of the others picked it up or not.
I race in a Competition Modified class with Yellowstone Off Road Racing. Montana, South Dakota, and Wyoming. It's kind of a 1450 spec truck but it's a Toyota with a small block Chevy

1980, Bone Stock, Hard Working, Well Loved

I can't help but dig the old, stock look of the 1st generation Hilux trucks. Before, well Anything! I wish we could see a few more of these guys around. Am I the only stick in the mud old-timer here? The Cruiser posts are plagued with them!

I'd love to see what folks have out there, and, as much as I dig reading about and looking at trail rigs, I spend every weekend I can bombing around far west Texas and surrounds in this, my darling, who takes whatever I ask of her.

I picked this truck up in June after noting its whereabouts in Austin. My old '75 Benz was dying and I was plotting a move to the desert. Chatted up her owner and ended up the proud owner of a supremely original truck

She had 59,000 miles on her, a second (and fading) paintjob, dryrotty tires (didn't stop me putting another 8,000 miles on them) (until some exploded), a bench seat, a 4speed and, um... the original owners maual and not much else. So far I've put a set of BFG ATs on her. 235/75/15. I know, I know, but it looks great and handles well and I ain't changin' my mind. Also replaced the water pump, belts, hoses and that's it. Keep the fluids clean and drive here all over the place. !0,000 miles since June.

It's snowing here tonight and I can't wait to get out in it tomorrow

Here are a few picks for now...

IMG_0295

IMG_0294
View attachment 376319View attachment 376320

Couldn't agree with you more!

2020-10-31 19.40.09-1.jpg

This is my one owner 1987 4runner,bought from old buddy of mine that was getting up in age and couldn’t take care of it anymore so he passed the torch to me,it had a 2” OME lift already so I installed a BJ spacer to level it out,added 33x0.50r15 Bfg Ko2’s,5.29 gears with a full Detroit locker out back since I plan to sometime SAS it and go to 35’s,just ordered a HD W56b from Marlin since the original trans has 250k miles and is growling a bit ,these runners used to be everywhere rather cheap,figured this might be my last chance to get a clean one

57FD42C6-302A-48AA-85CB-38E819FA5143.jpeg

My 1989 crawler. Ive owned it about a 1.5 years. Built very well in an older school style. Crawler box, very strong bar work, newer 22re engine, RCVs, armor, 38.5 bias swampers, orange clutch... I didnt build it but I’m adding some features to make it more of a drive to the trail and back kind of truck. I own other Toyotas but what makes this one stand out is it’s simplicity and how well it does on the road for what it is. Swampers are not that bad above 45-50. Of course its relative right? The cars I owned in my younger years drove loud and floaty in stock format. Built, I believe in Missouri, it has a curious body lift on it and well plumbed snorkel in the engine bay that I can only imagine was for mudding purposes. This summer we are going to find out how it does on the Rubicon. If anyone knows who built it or any other info it would be great to know.

EECF7FAE-9AF7-434A-9DFC-614ADF97067F.jpeg

The newest addition to my fleet:

1987 Toyota Pickup 4x4/SR5. 22re/5speed manual. It's a NON-AC model but that's why we have wing windows. 238k miles w/ about 300 miles on a new top end.

s0tOwPD.jpg

I plan on doing a stock+ build on this one. BJ Spacers, Chevy 63s w/ some nice 33x10.50s and i'd be happy.

After a 6 month search, I picked this one up in October and been working on it ever since. I bought it in CO and drove it back to the Bay Area on a badly misfiring engine. But it started up everytime and never quit for 1300 miles! I had the 22RE rebuilt, put on some 31" BFGs and am just sorting things out. Suspension is the next big thing and I have everything on ordered and just waiting for it to show up. This thing makes me smile everytime I drive it. :) I finally got some dirt on it last weekend:

02.JPG
04.JPG
06.JPG

SO,....... Let me tell you about a recent road trip. As many of you know I imported some 2020 HZJ79 bodies and built a truck for myself which has turned out amazing. Incredibly comfortable trip with only a slipped turbo boot on the steep grades of Lafayette AR. I was travelling with a very good friend to deliver a body to a gentleman building a 79 on a 80 series chassis. Well, before I left a gentleman in N. FL gave me a pair of Scheelman seats that matched my interior, wow, incredibly comfortable. The gentleman we delivered the body to is a master welder and completed two welding jobs that needed an absolute professional. great trip, great people and a great opportunity to bang out 2800+ miles on the new build without incident. What a great forum with amazing people. I remember when I first joined I was burned at the stake but maybe that's just how things work? Thank you to everyone that has helped along the way, I'm glad I hung in there, you all are great.

IMG_6228.PNG

SO,....... Let me tell you about a recent road trip. As many of you know I imported some 2020 HZJ79 bodies and built a truck for myself which has turned out amazing. Incredibly comfortable trip with only a slipped turbo boot on the steep grades of Lafayette AR. I was travelling with a very good friend to deliver a body to a gentleman building a 79 on a 80 series chassis. Well, before I left a gentleman in N. FL gave me a pair of Scheelman seats that matched my interior, wow, incredibly comfortable. The gentleman we delivered the body to is a master welder and completed two welding jobs that needed an absolute professional. great trip, great people and a great opportunity to bang out 2800+ miles on the new build without incident. What a great forum with amazing people. I remember when I first joined I was burned at the stake but maybe that's just how things work? Thank you to everyone that has helped along the way, I'm glad I hung in there, you all are great.

View attachment 2613616
MOAR!

View attachment 2613616
Nice truck Mate ! Back home that 79 series is a beast not to mention the Nissan Patrol I wish I could bring one here in the US but it’s impossible unless it’s 25 years old . Enjoy mate bet it’s a head turner rig .

I joined this forum 11yrs ago. At the time, I owned a project FJ45. I never got around to fixing it, so sold to it to another member here. I worked on alot of 80s toyotas growing up. So I bought this 86 4Runner later on. Bought it, barely running. Got it running decent. Planning on SAS, lockers, transfer case gears, trimming the rear fenders, etc, etc.
20170917_123805_IMG_1617.JPG
20170708_093634_IMG_1486.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom