Radiator Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone, the radiator in my FJ60 has developed a small crack at the top neck. I've been searching for replacements but I've noticed I don't have the normal radiator setup. I have a 6AT Cummins in my truck and the inlet and outlet are on opposite sides of where they normally would be.

My Question is, did the Landcruiser or other Toyota come with a radiator that's the opposite of what comes on the FJ60? (See attached diagram) Mine it just flipped so I'm having trouble finding a replacement that will fit without modifying anything.

fj60 radiator.jpg

If your truck has a cummins in it then likely the radiator would be specific to the needs of the swapped engine rather than original to the vehicle I would think.

Thanks for the quick replies! I would rather replace it vs fix that area alone as the rest of it doesn't look that solid.

The reason I thought it might be a Toyota spec radiator is because of how well it fits in there. It looks identical to this one: https://www.fjparts.com/images/radiator/16400-D1A.gif (same side mounts, bumps on top etc) except reversed.

In the documentation I have, it seems the motor I have is a "bring your own coolant system" affair so there isn't a go to rad for this engine.

Well, it's close to the HJ60 radiator, but not exact (the inlet and outlet on the HJ are on the same side). Maybe look at some other diesel 60's (HJ61, BJ60) to see if they match up. What about an FJ62 rad?

Well, it's close to the HJ60 radiator, but not exact (the inlet and outlet on the HJ are on the same side). Maybe look at some other diesel 60's (HJ61, BJ60) to see if they match up. What about an FJ62 rad?

Good thinking. The HJ60 is close but the outlet is on the wrong side. Can't find an FJ62 one that matches up.

Here are a few pics of what I have now. If it looks like a different shape than stock that will at least tell me it's not from another cruiser model:

IMG_0137.jpeg

IMG_0143.jpeg

Sorry - *4bt. But I assume they're watered the same.

Sorry - *4bt. But I assume they're watered the same.

Thanks for the link, I'm starting to think someone took an HJ60 rad and just swapped the outlet on the bottom.

I appreciate all the quick replies! Definitely helping me come up with the right game plan.

Based on some basic research, kind of looks like it could be a a BJ series (BJ60 or 40/42) radiator.

As it is not aluminum, just take to a good rad shop and have it repaired.

I had a similar issue with my project. I had a shop merge a new-ish FJ40 radiator with a BJ42 radiator:

See post #28 half-way down the page:

SuperDuper's BJ42 Build

Well, I happen to have my HJ60 rad with me at my shop. Here are the pics....yours definitely looks stock, and may have even started life as an HJ rad. Luckily, they are still available new from Toyota. Just ask @beno - he just hooked me up with one to replace this one...

IMG_20180515_120508.jpg

IMG_20180515_120528.jpg

IMG_20180515_120522.jpg

Well, I happen to have my HJ60 rad with me at my shop. Here are the pics....yours definitely looks stock, and may have even started life as an HJ rad. Luckily, they are still available new from Toyota. Just ask @beno - he just hooked me up with one to replace this one...

This is awesome, it looks like the best plan would be to get one of those and then have the outlet moved. What should I expect to pay to get that modification done?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom