Question on Valve Stem seals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Fellow LCer's,

Ordered a new head from Land Cruiser.net. Good guys and very local but but damn. They indicated that rubber seal would be included on the new head. This rubber seal goes over the valve stem and sits over the brass valve stem seals. They indicated it would be there as I asked several, several, several, times to confirm the rubber bushing is there, and well, yep it is not. WTF!!!!!!!

Real LC folks:
To the real LC folks, is it suppose to go on? If not suppose to be there, I get it, but to LC.Net, don't say yes when not required. Damn it!!!

I trust my LC brothers so please let me know.

A very Disappointed LC.Net customer today. Boaf

Is this an assembled head? Valves and springs installed? Or just a head with guides installed? Pics?
Stand by...
Attached are 3 photos. 1 side by side. Old Head has photo with Rubber bushings over valve stems, New Head with no rubber bushings. They may be different and I get that. but looking for my brothers with experience between existing 72 head and a new 2F head.

Boaf

New Head.jpg

Old head.jpg

Side by Side.jpg

Can’t quite make out what’s going on inside those springs..... could you take a pic of the new head shining a flashlight in there? It kinda looks like their just different style valve stem seals than your originals.

I shined a light in there, we are thinking the same things...Cannot see the difference but looks like one is rubber (old one) and one is a more ridged style :) .

Argh, some time frustrating.... New ones look like these:

Attachments

• Valve Seals.pdf
    38.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Perfect picture Brian. Exactly what I was asking. Everything is evolving... Appreciate it.

Boaf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom