Pulled the trigger on Eaton lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got 500 miles on it. Confirmed wheel bearings are still seated, re-torqued steering arms and bent the tabs on the nut huggers. Speedometer was 11% off so installed a Lutz Auto speedometer calibrator. Now it’s dialed in!

EBC074F3-DFCF-45AA-BAEC-9D0E7D260B75.jpeg

1AA167A0-3D65-4CCA-87A3-587FA3959149.jpeg

The Lutz Calibrator is awesome. So easy to use. I think I have one of his Beta units.

. It takes lots of wheel spin to get it to lock, where the front one is pretty fast. If you're jammed up in the rocks and need a bit of locker to get you going
Jonhheld I don’t think your rear locker is working as good as it could.
I lock mine in my dirt driveway with out wheel spin before every trail run.
If you’re going through an obstacle with out it locking there definitely an issue.
Most likely the actuator just needs cleaning 😉

Jonhheld I don’t think your rear locker is working as good as it could.
I lock mine in my dirt driveway with out wheel spin before every trail run.
If you’re going through an obstacle with out it locking there definitely an issue.
Most likely the actuator just needs cleaning 😉
I've had the motor apart and it is well greased. If I lift a rear wheel with a floor jack, the locker will engage almost instantly with with a bit of wheel spin to line up the splines. If I'm approaching an obstacle and attempt to lock the rear, it won't lock. At this point I'm already committed and in the rocks. I can rock backwards and forwards if I have room to maneuver, but the rear dash lamp will sit there and blink at me. At some point it will eventually lock (after swearing at it for a while), but it's nothing like the ARBs that I had in my 91.

I've had the motor apart and it is well greased. If I lift a rear wheel with a floor jack, the locker will engage almost instantly with with a bit of wheel spin to line up the splines. If I'm approaching an obstacle and attempt to lock the rear, it won't lock. At this point I'm already committed and in the rocks. I can rock backwards and forwards if I have room to maneuver, but the rear dash lamp will sit there and blink at me. At some point it will eventually lock (after swearing at it for a while), but it's nothing like the ARBs that I had in my 91.
I should have known that you have had it apart already!!
I glad that mine doesn’t have those issue’s
I have never had a ARB could you feel it lock in, or does one just assume it’s locking instantly ?

I have Eaton lockers on the 200 and ARB lockers on the 80. I can't tell when they are locked except by behavior. The sound of the compressor is a clue with the ARBs because the compressor is in the cargo area, but that's no guarantee that they are locked in.

I should have known that you have had it apart already!!
I glad that mine doesn’t have those issue’s
I have never had a ARB could you feel it lock in, or does one just assume it’s locking instantly ?
No locker can lock instantly. The splines on the locking collar have to line up to slide over. ARBs have a fairly fine spline and lock/unlock very quickly. I've never had an issue with the ARBs not locking quickly when I engage them. I would imagine it's the same with Eaton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom