Pulled the trigger on Eaton lockers (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New wheel bearings as well….but may have to go back in there to make sure they are seated properly.

90CB2472-A621-470C-9C32-93828D061781.jpeg

870CF770-5C1E-4D03-8EFE-B63B84F40785.jpeg

BD0E31F7-6A8D-443E-8A71-15C0144BC2FD.jpeg

Was initially going to go with Eaton switches but room is limited for them…so opted for the OEM switch route. Will prolly write out some specific instruction on how I did it but basically followed:

The Eaton relays are huge so actually installed them on the right hand exterior firewall. Used a rail and ran the wiring through an available grommet

View attachment 3443992

Also added center diff switch

View attachment 3443993View attachment 3443994View attachment 3444000

Pretty happy with. The 488s feel great on the road.

Detailed write up would be good. I’m looking to do the same. Torn between ARB because the factory switch is easier to wire but would prefer Elockers.

It would be really nice to be able to turn on just the front locker !!!
Can’t do that with the OEM switch!
I would advise you to reconsider 😎
Hey Broski,

Glad you brought it up! Good point about the benefit of the Eaton locker switch. I actually wired it to give me the option to switch between OEM set up and the Eaton switches. Not done yet but basically used connectors so that I easily make this switch. Not done yet though but thinking of adding the Eaton switches next to the rear fan switch with all the wiring already there. More to come…

A26940B7-9E2B-413C-8BAA-D0081727A776.jpeg

Nice

It’s the only thing I don’t like about my OEM lockers
I can’t run just the front!!

Last edited:
Also I would add, nice clean job on the installation

Your nut hugger tabs need to be bent onto your nuts!!! Great job on the install. Seriously those tabs need to be bent down to do their job from letting the nuts come loose.

Your nut hugger tabs need to be bent onto your nuts!!! Great job on the install. Seriously those tabs need to be bent down to do their job from letting the nuts come loose.
After 500 mi. and a retorque ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom