Project WTF have I gotten myself into??? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is what I learned, it takes about 6+ hours for a guy like me to cut off a quarter panel, drill out all the tack welds, fit the new panel, weld it up and throw on a skim coat. I think I could do it again much quicker...
IMG_20201229_165534.jpg

This quarter panel was from ccot and it was fine. If I did it again, I would get one that had the rail as it was rusted out on the inside near the back, where the vapor canister was. I had to make another little patch, no big deal but I think the real steal one has the rail...

Happy wife, happy life...what does that mean? It means that a project had to go and the fj40 didn't make the cut:( I learned a ton though and will find a keeper at some point

IMG_20201230_112949.jpg

Happy wife, happy life...what does that mean? It means that a project had to go and the fj40 didn't make the cut:( I learned a ton though and will find a keeper at some point

View attachment 2539745
Nice Picture frame, We can't see what project made the cut .
:frown: I was really enjoying this Build

For a minute I thought those boxes by the door meant someone was moving out....... :)
If I didnt make the tough decision, I would be moving out....

@Broski
Nice Picture frame, We can't see what project made the cut .
:frown: I was really enjoying this Build
Yeah, me too, I was almost through the crappy part (rust repair) and into the fun part, but so be it. I kept the 6.0L and will be working on that as soon as I get the axles sorted out for the keeper project.

Taking the front axle out of a 1989 Sierra 3500 (Dana 60)
Got a rear axle with disc brakes from a 2005 Sierra 2500 (14 FF)
Put the 1/2 ton axles from the Blazer under the 3500 and will sell it
Have cross over steering ready to go and am looking for new springs now
6.0L to 4l80 to Magnum to NP205

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom