Builds Project Beat the Baby- 76 FJ40 -5.3, 4l60, Atlas, Dynatrac 60 etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks really great, this has been a cool build. Couple questions, why are you selling? And also, what did you have to change on your steering?

Looks really great, this has been a cool build. Couple questions, why are you selling? And also, what did you have to change on your steering?
Thanks man! Steering I re-did the drag link, panhard and added high-steer so the drag link intersects the knuckle now instead of the tie rod. I made drag link and panhard exactly the same length and zero angle at nominal height. Although they both have bends, if you drew a straight line through them and looked at it from the front it would look like one bar. I had a roll oversteer issue that made it unfun to drive above 40 mph. I drove it to work 60 miles the other day for fun and it drives like a different vehicle from a steering dynamic perspective. Thinking about selling it because honestly I dumped a bit too much money into it and drained the savings more than anticipated. Haven't decided yet but am leaning towards listing it to see if anyone bites.

Dont do it!!!!

How long are your front lower link arms? Did you make the front shock hoops yourself?

Wondering where you got or did you make your front shock hoops ?

well dang that was disappointing, i was hoping for the happy ending like in a hallmark movie and he drives all over and gives us updates......

well dang that was disappointing, i was hoping for the happy ending like in a hallmark movie and he drives all over and gives us updates......

It was sold a while ago. Disappointing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom