Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Test fit the BellFab tire mount....I like it! I get annoyed with the swing out and I have the LRA tank, so not going under the truck. This is with the 315 BFG AT that matches the size of my Falken MT's on the ground.

Now the big dilemma....to go to 37's with slightly more lift...so much more ground clearance to handle the local trails without banging the hell out of my underside...:flush:

At this point that part is done. I think they will be fine. If I hit a bump hard enough to throw those cans out I’m going to have bigger problems then those cans. And it holds my wife’s blowup Kayak hood also.
blow.... Kayak.... uhuh...

Test fit the BellFab tire mount....I like it! I get annoyed with the swing out and I have the LRA tank, so not going under the truck. This is with the 315 BFG AT that matches the size of my Falken MT's on the ground.

Now the big dilemma....to go to 37's with slightly more lift...so much more ground clearance to handle the local trails without banging the hell out of my underside...:flush:
37s are the new 35s...

All my work is age (mine) and weather dependent. New clutch master cylinder and slave now installed. Carb now in JimC's hands until he is ready to work on mine. Might miss Fall Crawl.... Next step is pulling interior, draining gas tank and pulling it to assess interior. Then need to blow/clear out all fuel lines, hard and soft. Gas tank interior will determine whether I need new tank and filler neck. If so, I'm taking Matzell's suggestion for a Cool Cruiser tank.

A whole lot of crap came out of the old clutch master cylinder. That's what probably killed it. Perhaps if I had been more proactive and bled it more than never, it still would have been good.

Drilled a big hole in my tank! Installed 6 rivet nuts. Need to order soft line and 6an fittings and run hard lines.
72B981E0-DE04-4144-B7F3-4BCBFF72BCFF.jpeg

well I have had a busy week, finally knocked out a project i've been wanting to do for awhile now. Full lenght 12 overhang on the back of the shop. can never have to much covered storage. as of now its all done including the grading and dirt work underneath. Tomorrow im having 6.5 tons of blue stone delivered with will be the floor then a quick coat of paint, to say i'm stoked to have this done is an understatement. Huge thanks to @DC470 for the help

shop 1.jpg

shop 2.jpg

shop 3.jpg

shop 4.jpg

shop 5.jpg

that turned out great! :)

ya man im really happy to have the additional covered storage right now, I know it will be awhile before the interest rates come back down so im putting the big shop on hold for now.

Gas tank was definitely the problem. Once removed, I could see areas inside where the POR15 coating was peeling. Pieces of the coating were found in the drained gas. New gas tank and filler neck ordered. All fuel lines were blown with compressed air to assure nothing was in them.

Gas tank was definitely the problem. Once removed, I could see areas inside where the POR15 coating was peeling. Pieces of the coating were found in the drained gas. New gas tank and filler neck ordered. All fuel lines were blown with compressed air to assure nothing was in them.
Good job sir.

ya man im really happy to have the additional covered storage right now, I know it will be awhile before the interest rates come back down so im putting the big shop on hold for now.
looks great, Are you planning on pouring concrete? I have a similar thing with gravel and unfortunately parked my Texas rust free 60 under a lean to and thinking it would be safe from elements. Once ground moisture starts to rise thru the gravel it doesn't have many places to go and my 60 has suffered and is starting to rust bad. Just a FYI

looks great, Are you planning on pouring concrete? I have a similar thing with gravel and unfortunately parked my Texas rust free 60 under a lean to and thinking it would be safe from elements. Once ground moisture starts to rise thru the gravel it doesn't have many places to go and my 60 has suffered and is starting to rust bad. Just a FYI
good to know, i have no plans on concrete at this time the gravel is probably at least 5 inches thick. But ill definitely keep an eye on it for sure. Might asphalt it in the future

Ground moisture is a real thing. Caused a huge mold issue in the crawl space of my old house

The wife and I took a ride south on Skyline Drive from 211 to 33. Through Harrisonburg and up RT 11. The Cruiser ran great.

20230826_100014.jpg

Resized_20230826_100047.jpeg

Anyone else see where 4plus is shutting down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom