Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

plugging away at post-GER repairs. Pulling the windshield revealed rust and body rot that cannot be put off, so I got busy with the wire wheels and grinders and now I'm at the "getting jiggy with the patch panels and welding" stage. Wish me luck! :)
repair progress jun 2023.jpg

plugging away at post-GER repairs. Pulling the windshield revealed rust and body rot that cannot be put off, so I got busy with the wire wheels and grinders and now I'm at the "getting jiggy with the patch panels and welding" stage. Wish me luck! :)View attachment 3370265
You do remember Coal Mine is THIS Weekend, right??

Just like TJ said on July 3rd... Oh crap is that due tomorrow!!

Just turning her into a racecar slowly. Lowering springs are next

PXL_20230712_235017840.MP.jpg

PXL_20230713_005033646.MP.jpg

You getting out of the game or making it more of a tow rig and get serious about wheeling the 40? Those 37" treps are waiting. I am looking to buy another set of 40's for the race car.
Need the 200 for a trip that doesn't need any of that drag.
Sounds like all the more reason for us to work out a deal

The Tundra put in some light work picking up a new project today. The bike is mint but has had about 10 miles put on it since 2015. It still has the original tires on it. It’s going to need a little bit of love before it’s back on the road.
View attachment 3374419

View attachment 3374423
Dang Paul @TTViper - that's a top 5 bike- and in the right color too. Nice find bro!

My fantasy stable:
1) Ducati 748 Monoposto
2) Harley 883 Iron
3) Kawasaki ZRX1200R
4) Yamaha V-Max
5) Insert adventure bike...

Had a Honda CB650F and a Honda Zoomer/Ruckus in Tokyo but don't have any bikes at the moment. Luckily still have the M on my license.

You have any other bikes at the moment? Will this be your main ride?

No other bikes right now but I’ve had a few

1. Ducati Monster 796
2. Honda Superhawk
3. Ducati Hypermotard 821 (my favorite)
4. Ducati 848 Corse Evo, track only
5. Yamaha R6, track only
6. Honda 450x
7. This Kawi

This ZRX may end up being too nice to turn into a track/street weapon, but the SBK bikes by James Compton that race up Pikes Peak were the reason I lusted after one of these bikes for a while. I may still do it. I can always keep all the stock parts and revert back if I ever sell it. These bikes are getting more rare and expensive.

IMG_1325.png

Finally got an NPT -> BSPT adapter to properly hook up a mechanical gauge to my 2F. Dash gauge has always shown just below acceptable range.

Pressure after warmed shows about 55 psi at idle. Currently filled with 10w-40.

tempImageXUIj8m.png

Got a factory air cleaner housing; thinking I can use it plus one of the weber adapters like below with my EMPI weber 38/38 clone. The EMPI is already on man-a-fre riser and runs well. I think it kinda makes sense to keep it going until I get a factory core rebuilt:

s-l500.jpg

tempImage6LVJsv.png

Collecting the right fittings and gaskets and stuff to rebuild the factory air box. Does anyone know what sort of fastener was used on these very large holes on the air cleaner brackets? Assuming they were M8s or similar with either fender washers or those rubber/steel insulating washers.

tempImageMQvdkd.png
tempImageZpUGZh.png

I’m almost done with a swing out for my Tundra.
F900F746-2F37-4BB6-BEC2-084D2E79E387.jpeg
077D6302-6556-4DFF-8E49-085F7C5AAE31.jpeg
8BE82AC6-B50F-4832-A219-92D1C3FD9EE7.jpeg
323209A0-4E05-4564-97AF-4AE7ED68AC3F.jpeg

MD may be tough the first time, but one and done on the inspection. In fact, no inspection or emissions for historic over 20 years at all.

Ya 10lb

At this point that part is done. I think they will be fine. If I hit a bump hard enough to throw those cans out I’m going to have bigger problems then those cans. And it holds my wife’s blowup Kayak hood also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom