Post up what you pedal (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes sir! She's a 3vze w/ a 85 front axle. This motor has been amazing.

I have a hitch lock and bike lock for it, so far. Not sure whatcha mean when referring to the hitch bolt? It slides into the hitch and locks. I didn't bother using the 1UP lock that they sent with the rack, i had my own.

Nice. Wanted to SAS my 89 3VZE SR5 5Sp but ended up with a mint 85 22RE instead ;) Have moved on since but really miss the live axles now that I'm in 100 country.
I meant the anti-rattle, securing bolt. You good if you're using a hitch lock already. Harder to bust through that than what 1UP gives you.

Nice. Wanted to SAS my 89 3VZE SR5 5Sp but ended up with a mint 85 22RE instead ;) Have moved on since but really miss the live axles now that I'm in 100 country.
I meant the anti-rattle, securing bolt. You good if you're using a hitch lock already. Harder to bust through that than what 1UP gives you.
The best 3vze truck i've ever owned has been the 88. I had to do the headgasket back at 198k miles but it's at 250k now and hasn't needed anything mechanically besides oil changes and spark plugs. I actually just wrapped up doing a timing belt job on it because the timing jumped. It still ran and drove great but auto-failed California smog.

Yeah that lock that 1UP gives you is so wimpy. It's literally a thin lock. I'm actually going to inquire about getting another add-on for the bike rack. I'd like to be able to haul up to 3-4 bikes. :D

New bike day! Surly Straggler.

23F2B58D-01A1-4F86-8333-B896453D044D.jpeg

Transition Scout carbon
F66EC777-6A93-4916-8693-6788948FC9ED.jpeg

D55CE128-4E97-4D1E-BA97-E20754655B15.jpeg
F78FA9BC-3179-4A41-B7DC-4D162368DE87.jpeg

New tire day… on the MTB. Rock broke the valve stem and it also happened to be time for some new rubber. Rode it today and sometimes you forget how bad roached rubber is. Or maybe new rubber is so good? Either way. Buy yourself a new tire or two and thank me after your next ride :)

After a 20+ year haitus from road cycling (spinal issues) I finally decided to get back into it. I had a modern geometry 27.5 hard tail which got my back into cycling, and I tried to upgrade right about when covid hit.....and nothing out there.

I decided on a used 2012 Specialized Roubaix (SL3, Ultegra) to make it easy on the carcass. Ha! The older frames are pretty stiff. Stiffer than a nice steel ride which I should have gotten, but oh well. I've upgraded tires and saddles, added some stuff. Gearing is 50/34 and 11-32 (39/26 would be the lowest combo I would admit to back in teh day) I love the garmin 530 bundle with heart rate monitor. That is a huge improvement in my training, as I have to make things count!! The road shoes I want are sold out, do making due with mtb shoes and pedals

IMG_6285.JPG

Nice 'stick stand'!

Bought a used steel Miyata 310. Somebody "converted" it to a compact double from a triple. I am putting the correct width bottom bracket and add the third chain ring. WTF do I need a 30/34 low combo for on a road bike idk, but I'll run it now. Faux drilled brake levers look cool. Previous owner added shimano 9 sp wheel set. The raked-out fork is comfy. I think I'll put an alum seat post to match the rest of components. I got a few nods on a local hill while shifting

mi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom