Post pics of your dog(s)with your 80! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
About 8000ft so we are pretty safe from snakes.

Moose and cats though.... gotta keep an eye out.

Couple of years ago my Daughter was in Colorado (Travel Nursing) and was out hiking with a group of people when they crossed paths with a moose that got aggressive with them. My Daughter was forced to climb up on a big boulder to get away from it. Being a Texas girl (born and raised) she wasn't quite used to that.

Who knew a moose would do that?

Moose are very aggressive towards dogs. Wolves are their only natural predator and a moose wont hesitate to stomp a dog out. I always cringe when I see people letting their dogs roam off leash in moose habitat.

Moose are very aggressive towards dogs. Wolves are their only natural predator and a moose wont hesitate to stomp a dog out. I always cringe when I see people letting their dogs roam off leash in moose habitat.

Spot on. Thankfully mine knows not to mess with them. It always amazes me when I see people getting out of their cars and up close to photograph them around here.

My father taught me a very valuable lesson when I was young "If you tangle with something or someone that outweighs you by more than 10lbs, your probably going to loose"

Good advice for both man and dog.

I was not aware of that...but it certainly explains a lot. My Daughter had her Dachshund in a 'front pack' carrying it along on their hike. Do you suppose that was enough to cause the Moose to be aggressive. I'm quite sure the dog would have been barking (though she didn't say that).

Also, the dog was never on the ground and no one in the group ever advanced upon the Moose.

Max making a run to the pet food store for a bath

46D0A025-18E8-4F86-BDBF-49A13FA767A3.jpeg

DB36861D-B307-43AD-907D-6D4AC7913DA1.jpeg

Sassy with the 80
1645544705613.png

Gizmo the terrier riding 80 shotgun as always and on the lookout for buffalo in Wyoming.

During my time on earth I've encountered no finer heart and soul than this pooch. The other "til death do us part" not so much...

20201126_113340.jpg

Last edited:
My little terrorist looks just like that. Lots of heart and soul, but I definitely wouldn't call it "fine." :devil:

C8F0BBA2-2D91-4ABE-8588-E7B6CFEE9F65.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom