post 2003 nav delete how to. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand new and scuffed up.

E98A833F-8318-4E4F-AF66-48370585686B.jpeg

The fan control seems to be rather loose, is it missing something in the back?

7142E1D2-BECB-4E58-8DFF-7C7D291A25E7.jpeg
75407734-AD37-4DB1-8D1E-A6E9FE1D1BA0.jpeg

Yeah, I am in a holding pattern. Something isn’t lining up right with that fan speed control button. It has no resistance and is basically “teeter-tottering” without seeming to touch anything behind it. I don’t want to go further and have to take a lot back apart. I’ll wait until someone chimes in.

It’s surprisingly easy. I asked jerry a few questions after I got the harness, but as long as you understand some of the pictures don’t show the exact harness, you’re good.

Adding the pin to the A47 was super easy too. I just unclipped the one side and slid it in.

The part directly behind the button, that the button clicks into, does not have any movement. It is stationary. The circuit board has the two soft plungers that I can’t see what could possibly actuate them. Nothing appears to be broken. I may order another module.

I remember looking at the mechanism and feeling the button when I put mine together and it didn’t feel right until I put it all together. I think I had to take a minute to seat the switch just right.

A good add to this thread would be each part having a pic and post by itself.

There are two “pins” that the fan button pushes against to hit the buttons on the PCB. If they aren’t there, the fan button will feel loose. One of mine came out during shipping and was in the bottom of the bag the panel came in. Like said above, it will feel loose until the PCB is mounted to the panel but if it’s still loose then one or both of the pins might be missing. If they’re not in place they can sometimes be lodged in the panel somewhere else. Check all packaging etc. hopefully they’re still there.

I bought it used, looks like I am missing those pins. Contacted the seller, hopefully he has them somewhere. Anyone have a picture of these pins for my reference?

I’m probably pulling my console today for stereo install. If I do, I’m going to make a video of the assembly and talk about the parts of it.

Please do! I finally have all the parts minus the stereo, and I'll be putting it together myself soon. The trouble is, the job is above my pay-grade.

There are two “pins” that the fan button pushes against to hit the buttons on the PCB. If they aren’t there, the fan button will feel loose. One of mine came out during shipping and was in the bottom of the bag the panel came in. Like said above, it will feel loose until the PCB is mounted to the panel but if it’s still loose then one or both of the pins might be missing. If they’re not in place they can sometimes be lodged in the panel somewhere else. Check all packaging etc. hopefully they’re still there.

Found them, now that feels like it should.

I'm sorry I can't answer your questions. I can't load the pics either. I'm not at home. I see what you were asking about though Dparo

Friend that was going to help me with the video had to cancel. I gave it a shot but wasn’t happy with it. Then got focused on trying to fit the whole assembly back in the dash with the new stereo in it. My god, tight fit. I’ve rearranged a lot of wires, and the little gray box back there and can still only get the console to seat correctly 1 of every 4 tries. I’m going to be trying to slim down some of the wiring.

Adding the new deck made the project hard again.

Found them, now that feels like it should.
I sold the panel to @Dparo ...it was new in the box but I opened it. I felt so bad when he PM'd me about the missing pins...... I sold it Oct of 2018 and it wasn't until he told me he found them taped to the bag, I recalled they were lose in the plastic bag so I taped them to the bag.
This all went down yesterday and to make sure he had what was needed to complete his conversion I ordered another panel from Dubai which arrives later this month and it cannot be returned. So if anyone is collecting parts I'll have one for sale shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom