Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm jealous of your driveway!

The Land Rover is quite the opposite of the cruisers.. Notice that he is segregated from the LC/FJC herd.... HA! But he is fun to drive...He scored a new battery this morning. Very peppy in comparison to the cruisers, even Goss...

J

Had to go out and TOUCH IT!!! couldn't take it....

Clutch pedal is adjusted. It was about 7/8" out of spec. Much smoother clutch engagement now. Topped off the clutch/brake fluids. Removed those hideous CAMO seat covers... MUCH BETTER NOW!

J

P1030674.JPG
P1030672.JPG

Ordered new RED silicone vacuum hoses from BoostController.com Many sellers out there.... I just prefer theirs, used it on 3 rigs over 7 years.

@klinetime574 there is an adjustment on the slave for this '84, I don't think I'll have to use it YET since the pedal adjustment made me pretty happy with the clutch engagement.

When I was under the rig checking the clutch slave I noticed a crack in the DS rear spring and full break in the PS front spring... OH well... now to decide what to do on lift kit vs new stock height springs.

Currently I have about 2" of space between the rear axle and bump stop and 1-1/2" between the front axle and bump stop.

J

I love Freeborn red!! Nice find, I love women enablers! You have a good one;)

Subscribed.

Ordered new RED silicone vacuum hoses from BoostController.com Many sellers out there.... I just prefer theirs, used it on 3 rigs over 7 years.

@klinetime574 there is an adjustment on the slave for this '84, I don't think I'll have to use it YET since the pedal adjustment made me pretty happy with the clutch engagement.

When I was under the rig checking the clutch slave I noticed a crack in the DS rear spring and full break in the PS front spring... OH well... now to decide what to do on lift kit vs new stock height springs.

Currently I have about 2" of space between the rear axle and bump stop and 1-1/2" between the front axle and bump stop.

J
I used red hoses in my 60 and blue in my 40. I guess for just some bling factor or maybe I just like the contrast and ease of following them in low light. I used the same supplier.
fj40 engine bay.jpg
20150205_181114.jpg

@reevesci just make sure the Clutch Release Bearing isn't touching the pressure plate and you're good. In order for this to work it needs to have the external spring in place.

I'm curious about the Terrain Tamer kit. Specifically the spring eyes. My Dakar springs are annoying. I'll have to crush the sleeves when I replace those rear bushings so they can't move and destroy bushings. I'd really consider the TT if it has a better design.

@reevesci just make sure the Clutch Release Bearing isn't touching the pressure plate and you're good. In order for this to work it needs to have the external spring in place.

I'm curious about the Terrain Tamer kit. Specifically the spring eyes. My Dakar springs are annoying. I'll have to crush the sleeves when I replace those rear bushings so they can't move and destroy bushings. I'd really consider the TT if it has a better design.

Here is a TT kit. I just don't know if I want a lift or not on Poppy.

J

image-jpg.1132913

@reevesci

I ran Terrain Tamers on my 60 about 15 years ago. I ran OMEs right after on my other 60. The rides were about the same but the sleeve in the eyelet issue made the OMEs too annoying to do again. I was replacing bushings every 6 months. I do drive a lot of miles off pavement. Maybe they last longer if you stay on the street but last time I checked, the badge on the grill didn't say Buick.... so I take it off road

Here is a TT kit. I just don't know if I want a lift or not on Poppy.

J

image-jpg.1132913

J,

Congrats on your new ride. Why not just re-arch the oem springs to bring it back to stock height? Not sure how this will affect ride though...

ML

J,

Congrats on your new ride. Why not just re-arch the oem springs to bring it back to stock height? Not sure how this will affect ride though...

ML

I doubt they will re-arch. Plus, I already have cracked and broken springs in the packs. So replacing them is in order.

J

A Land Cruiser without a lift is like a broken pencil ...............pointless

For my plans with Poppy... no lift is needed. She will only see maintained dirt roads and paved city/highway for the rest of her time with me. No offroading or crawling EVER in her future. So stock is perfectly acceptable.

J

Hell Creek Suspensions Or Alcan Springs

I've never personally used either company but there are other options as far as springs go. Iron Man, SOR, Hell For Stout, etc.

Side note: If you're going for zero lift I think it would be totally dope to try a set of these: STA Traxion at Coker Tire

I sometimes think about having a bone stock rig and running these tires just because of the fact the tires are available.

Last edited:
Hell Creek Suspensions Or Alcan Springs

I've never personally used either company but there are other options as far as springs go. Iron Man, SOR, Hell For Stout, etc.

Side note: If you're going for zero lift I think it would be totally dope to try a set of these: STA Traxion at Coker Tire

I sometimes think about having a bone stock rig and running these tires just because of the fact the tires are available.

I like those, just wonder if they will HOWL like crazy.. I was just gonna go back with the good ole BFG ATs 31 x 10.5 x 15

P1030705.JPG

I like those, just wonder if they will HOWL like crazy.. I was just gonna go back with the good ole BFG ATs 31 x 10.5 x 15

Yeah, probably can't go wrong with the BFG's.

Looks like a nice day up there. What's up with the hood on Poppy, looks like a Microsoft paint, paint-job. lol

Stay offline for a weekend and come back to this. HAH! J always good to see you with another new project on your hands. I'll be watching as I know I have two knuckle rebuilds on tap for this winter. :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom