Pop quiz, who can spot the problem first (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_1508.jpeg
IMG_1511.jpeg

Those Linesman pliers without insulation on the handles, that's the biggest problem I see.

I was expecting two different heads with the 9/73 change.

Post three corrected could save an engine. Post two corrected could save a life. I certainly would address both.

Disclaimer: While not an electrician I was in the HVAC and last employer was with a government job that was OHSA rules trained to death. Seen plenty of real pictures of what can happen when just simple things are ignored.

I was expecting two different heads with the 9/73 change.

Post three corrected could save an engine. Post two corrected could save a life. I certainly would address both.

Disclaimer: While not an electrician I was in the HVAC and last employer was with a government job that was OHSA rules trained to death. Seen plenty of real pictures of what can happen when just simple things are ignored.
It’s a head from a 1981. Gunked up bad. Lack of oil changes too.
IMG_1501.jpeg

Those Linesman pliers without insulation on the handles, that's the biggest problem I see.
Probably very early ones. Dad was a linesman in the 50’-60’s at Florida Power and Light. Called them Klines back then.
Middle of picture

IMG_7362.jpeg

No plastic handles.
Oh. And fix the head. Beer or wine on table also. 👍

Called them Klines back then.
We still call em Kleins, but most people wouldn't know what I meant!

I have a few that are missing the insulation (which isn't voltage rated).

We still call em Kleins, but most people wouldn't know what I meant!

I have a few that are missing the insulation (which isn't voltage rated).
Kleins, side cutters, and “9’s” (I believe this is the original slang name for them which morphed into “Kleins” for a lot of people)

I think the lineman pliars are a little "straighter" than the diagonal cutters...
Naturally. It’s in the name after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom