Please help! I have questions about the value of parts. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DangerNoodle

Essentially a fire wielding monkey.
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Hey all, so as a few of you may know, I just bought an 78 FJ40 project. It a project. Its somewhat rusty, but almost everything is there.

A different 76 40 that I inquired about earlier just fell through, and I have the option to buy it. It has been in Utah for the entirety of its life, and is pretty much rust free. I want the frame, doors, and top off of it. It has no drivetrain, including axles, but the tub is pretty clean.

My questions: if I end up getting this 40, I will have lots of doubles of things.

I will have a complete limited rust frame and axles, somewhat rusty side doors, somewhat rusty ambulance doors, and rusty top sides and a somewhat ok top. I will also have a complete tub, fenders, hood, windshield, etc.

What do you guys think the value of these peices would be? I'd really like to pick this one up and am looking at the return value of these parts if I clean them up.

The tub will definitely be worth money.

Buy it, use all the best parts of both and then sell off the rest!

Buy it, use all the best parts of both and then sell off the rest!
Thats what I would like to do, but I just need to try and justify it for myself.

Does anyone know what the value of ambulance doors and front doors are?

26170.jpg

26173.jpg

They are somewhat rusty, but all the handles and windows work.

What about a newly rebuilt rear axle? It has no miles on it, has fresh paint, 4:11 Yukon gears, news seals and bearing, etc.

A different 76 40 that I inquired about earlier just fell through, and I have the option to buy it. It has been in Utah for the entirety of its life, and is pretty much rust free. I want the frame, doors, and top off of it. It has no drivetrain, including axles, but the tub is pretty clean.

Sounds like you should stick a 2F in it and some axles, and make it your truck!

Sounds like you should stick a 2F in it and some axles, and make it your truck!

It's not getting a 2f, but the plan is to now cobble the two cruisers together and sell the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom