Value of Rusted Body. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1972 FJ40 body that was rusted in all the normal places. I cut out a lot of the pieces in anticipation of replacing them. A friend with a large brake helped form wheelwell and sides but are very rough.
The cowl, B pillar and the rear top rails are okay. The front footwells are decent with holes under the fuel tank and someone cut out the tool box.
Do you think it is worth anything or should I scrap it all?
20231029_145951.jpg
20231029_145944.jpg

Last edited:
It's absolutely worth something; whether the someone who needs it can afford to get to you is another question. I'd recommend posting in the classifieds.

Looks better than mine is some places. Scrap value is likely less than $100, I would gladly pay twice that if it was local, maybe more, perhaps a lot more if it had the right stuff - doubtful because they all rust out in the same places. I would use good sections to fix mine and practice welding and other body work on the rest first - then sell it for scrap.

From what I can see of the right rear wheel opening, all the flat metal on the floor and wheel wells guessing the rear sill isn't in any better shape? The top lip where the hard top bolts on is the only thing worth salvaging from the B pillar back. Need to see picture of the firewall, dash and floor to the B pillar to tell what's worth saving there. The cowl in decent shape has a value to someone doing a aluminum or fiberglass 3/4 tub.

California is probably harder place to sell the complete tub compared to other areas where rust is a bigger issue.

From what I can see of the right rear wheel opening, all the flat metal on the floor and wheel wells guessing the rear sill isn't in any better shape? The top lip where the hard top bolts on is the only thing worth salvaging from the B pillar back. Need to see picture of the firewall, dash and floor to the B pillar to tell what's worth saving there. The cowl in decent shape has a value to someone doing a aluminum or fiberglass 3/4 tub.

California is probably harder place to sell the complete tub compared to other areas where rust is a bigger issue.
Everything from the B pillar back is all homemade even the rear sill except for the top rail. Not very good workmanship but it's mainly a trail rig.
As for the cowl it is sound a couple of extra holes and a few filled in.

20231029_150143.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom