Picture of stock radio installed...anyone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep the early ones had a vent on that side that goes to the outside vent above the fender.

It wasn't just early ones and it wasn't just that side. My '76 has it on both sides just as pictured.

Yep the early ones had a vent on that side that goes to the outside vent above the fender . Its a nice option for sure.

There is also a vent in the center of the dash as well.

My May 1971 build pig has the threaded holes under the dash that looks that bracket and vent are meant to be there......should my FJ55 be equipped with that feature and it was just removed at some point? What was the year range for that feature? Is it tough to find the parts to add it? I always liked the kick panel vents on my FJ40!

my 71 didn't have them either. but a pic shows another orientation of a stock speaker.
piggie4.JPG

My May 1971 build pig has the threaded holes under the dash that looks that bracket and vent are meant to be there......should my FJ55 be equipped with that feature and it was just removed at some point? What was the year range for that feature? Is it tough to find the parts to add it? I always liked the kick panel vents on my FJ40!

Here's an obscured view of what the 71 cowl vent set up looks like! ;)..
P2150008.jpg

I MIGHT have some of those parts in my stash.

Interested?

If Charles doesn't have them I definitely do. I bet all you need is the knob and shaft. I imagine the flap is still there or you'd get a ton of air all the time.

Charles, thats cool about having the vent on both sides, how does that work with the heater fan assembly. Seems like you'd have a whole different setup.

I MIGHT have some of those parts in my stash.

Interested?

Yes......I know I need the bracket and the knob and cable.....not sure what else.....no rush, let me know what you have when you have a chance. I've got lots of other things to do in the meantime! ok, sorry for the thread hijack.....i really need to update my build thread to show the progress. Thanks for the clarity everyone!

Charles, thats cool about having the vent on both sides, how does that work with the heater fan assembly. Seems like you'd have a whole different setup.

It's not connected to the fan at all. Just the little flapper housing/vent, pull rod and bracket on each side.

It's not connected to the fan at all. Just the little flapper housing/vent, pull rod and bracket on each side.

hmm i guess I don't understand. I know how mine looks on the drivers side, and its a flap contained in a vent assembly. Are you saying your passenger side is like a 40 setup? I gotta see this thing, curiosity is killing me.

hmm i guess I don't understand. I know how mine looks on the drivers side, and its a flap contained in a vent assembly. Are you saying your passenger side is like a 40 setup? I gotta see this thing, curiosity is killing me.

the vent extends into the apron and draws fresh air from there....not connected to any fans, but I s'pose you could put a small computer fan inthere to push more air through. You don't get the good flow like you do in a 40

the vent extends into the apron and draws fresh air from there....not connected to any fans, but I s'pose you could put a small computer fan inthere to push more air through. You don't get the good flow like you do in a 40

Exactly, mirror image on the opposite side.

Say, you would not happen to have a LH rear door latch, would you? The one that mounts to the body???

No, but I know who might.

Hokay, you have my attention! :D

(I'm really not trying to hijack the thread, I swear. I'll PM if necessary :eek:)

Sent you a PM.

Duly noted.

Er, no stock radio, but radio-delete plates are still in both my Pigs. :frown:

There. Hijack over (I hope).

Contacted Cruiserparts and they said they had an uncut radio dash peice for a 72. :bounce: I was stoked! They sent it....and the tabs that hold the radio are cut off!! :censor: Dang. AND it looks more like the picture of the 73 dash (nuclearlemon's) earlier in the thread.:censor::censor: Looking at the WIKI it does look like they changed the dash face in 9-72 and of course my pig is an 8-72.....Back to the drawing board....:bang:

Cool. Got a pic? I've seen these in FJ40's, but never a pig. Wonder if they're the same delete plate?

Sorta on topic... :)

Could be. Here is the one in the '70-

Generalparts003.jpg

Generalparts002.jpg

No idea if it's the same one as the '40 plate. Never owned a '40. I could be talked into a trade with my blue '70 model pig though........ :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom