Pics request - license plate frame - lets see em (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just an FYI...... In NC -- State law, which went into effect in December 2010, prohibits drivers from “covering any registration plate with any frame or transparent, clear, or color-tinted cover that makes a number or letter included in the vehicle's registration, the state name on the plate, or a number or month on the registration renewal."

Not that this is enforced but could be used as a reason to pull you over.

Pewter plate frame with the name of your college, hobby, etc. I have one on each of my primary vehicles as does my wife on hers (Annapolis).

They get better looking over time with patina/age as this one is about 17 years old.

IMG_6082.jpeg

Last edited:
just an FYI...... In NC -- State law, which went into effect in December 2010, prohibits drivers from “covering any registration plate with any frame or transparent, clear, or color-tinted cover that makes a number or letter included in the vehicle's registration, the state name on the plate, or a number or month on the registration renewal."

Not that this is enforced but could be used as a reason to pull you over.
Good point and good to know.

Though I guess here in Texas it’s legal since most dealers slap one on the cars they sell.
Annoying, but it’s better than them applying stickers or emblems.

And, I suspect, that the dealerships here would fire any state congressman who tried to pass a law prohibiting them.
Yay us?

Edit:
Correction. I just checked Texas laws and realize I’m in violation. You can’t cover the words “Texas” or “Lone Star State.”
I would be very irritated if I get pulled over for this given how many cars violate the Texas law by not even bothering to have a front plate, but as you say “don’t given them a reason.”

Also… one more thought; I wish I had asked for “Ih8mud.com” instead of just “Ih8mud.” Now I worry I just look like a guy bragging about his antipathy towards mud.

license b (1 of 1).jpeg

Last edited:
You are a nice guy. I usually throw it in the trash can

I won't take delivery/close the deal until they remove any of their branding, including frames but most importantly decals/badges.

I won't take delivery/close the deal until they remove any of their branding, including frames but most importantly decals/badges.
Good thing is we don't get the silly badges here. When I bought couple of new cars during covid in Montana, Nebraska, Idaho, I told them no badges or decals

Every single time I buy a car from a dealership, I always write in big letters with a box around it on the contract before I sign:

ALL DEALERSHIP LOGOS AND BRANDING MUST BE REMOVED FROM VEHICLE PRIOR TO FINAL DELIVERY

If they balk, I don't sign and get up to leave.

When I bought my current Cruiser, the BMW dealership (in CT) that was selling it to me was very accommodating by prepping a nice temp tag so I could drive it home, which they surrounded with one of their plate frames. I handed it back to the salesman just before I left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom