Pics request - license plate frame - lets see em (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This may seem insignificant, but its time for me to ditch the dealer frame and looking for some inspiration/ideas for a cool strong frame that will also protect the paint. Not Into the clear covered ones to much. Been looking on Amazon but just not finding anything "off road" worthy. Post pics of what you have and where you found them! Thanks!

Amazon product ASIN B07CV4G3XG
It does a generally good job of matching the blizzard pearl and the white of the license plate, makes everything blend together. Silicone doesn't scratch the paint as much. (Make sure to mount it with drainage holes on bottom, it's easy to miss that detail.)

20211231_005040.jpg

Was wondering if I should go silicone or aluminum.

1640958414241.png

1640958438900.png

I’ve used Weathertech clear covers in an appropriate frame color for all my vehicles for years. Plates always look new, which is amazing here in Michigan.

Solid Silicone Black License Plate Frame Covers 2 Pack- Front and Back Car Plate Bracket Holders. Rust-Proof, Rattle-Proof, Weather-Proof ( Black). Amazon product ASIN B08DK1SZSF

Last edited:
I added this after I noticed the license plate was causing paint underneath to bubble, presumably due to dissimilar metals and road salt. $8 and it's very thin if you don't really want much of a frame. Wish I'd done it originally :-(

Amazon product ASIN B07SNS4X46

Subtle and Patriotic:
Aujen Silicone American Flag License Plate Frame 2 Packs, USA Flag License Plate Covers Without Obstruction, Black License Plate Holder, Side-Opening Design, Rust-Proof & Rattle-Proof & Weatherproof
Amazon product ASIN B0925XCFKL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom