Phone mount solution: CAD-designed plate between vents for RAM holders (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've never been too keen on the 80 series phone mount solutions that place the device way over in the useless cubby area, or any windshield/dash mounts. I wanted something integrated and clean, so I got to work in CAD, and got this water-jet and bent up. It uses a 1" female socket that works with any RAM device holder.

EDIT: Updated design 2021:

I have a bunch of extra available for purchase: $42 shipped for just the bracket or $52 with the female socket adapter pictured above. See posts #43 and #45 for more info on the install.

Last edited:
Looks great. Thats perfect place where I want my phone. I would be interested in one if you start making them.

Excellent solution.

I'm interested in one. Already have a phone solution but I want to check it out for an Ultragauge mount.

That looks really good - I may be interested as my floor mounted holder broke and I need a new solution.

Nice work, same spot I put my custom made phone mount
IMG_6205.jpg

How is production coming along? I need to install some new dash vents but waiting for this to add while I'm in there.

How is production coming along? I need to install some new dash vents but waiting for this to add while I'm in there.

Unfortunately I'm probably a still a couple weeks away. I welded up a prototype bend form but now I need to get one designed and machined for real.

Any updates? I've got a ram mount near the high low shifter but would like my phone between the vents.

Distraction city.

This will effect your night driving vision (assuming all that light is on at night).

I drilled a hole into the ash tray.

ram2.JPG

ram.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom