Performance coils? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm going to a DUI HEI dist. from MAF. I'd like to match it to a performance/high output coil. The only one I can find is JToutfitters...? anyone know of others or betters? :beer:

ford? I'm running a stock 77 2f... does that matter?

stupid question. American electricity is the same as Japanese electricity eh?... Thanks, I'll check out the Accel...

Save yourself some money, stay toyota, and get a distributor off of an 81-87 2F, with matching coil and ignitor.
Good coil, good waterproof electronic distributor, and to make it all better, its all Toyota.
You will need a pushrod cover off of a 81-87 2F or you can "modify", (dent with hammer) your old one so the "big cap" distributor will fit.

Well since my post I've talked with some gear heads and done a little research. Mostly it effects starting... cold in particular. But to put it in perspective most stock coils deliver 20,000 to 30
,000 volts to the plugs.... performance is around 45,000 or even 55,000. Now I'm just learning about this too but, basically you figure the more volts you get to the plugs and the less the resistance(i.e. good wires) you get better spark, ignighting the gas better. I read somewhere they measured and increase of 3 mpg and 15 hp after a performance coil and elec. ign. install. Sounds good to me, I'd buy a chrome bolt if it gave the ol 2f and extrac .5hp.

That sounds great. I'd make the change if it actually did that. Please post your results. It would be interesting to see if anyone else has made this change.

Howdy, Ive got the JT Outfitters High output coil in my 40. It seems to work well, but it does not fit in the stock mounting bracket below the ignitor, you will have to modify it a little bit.. I think it was originally on some other car that they found worked well on a cruiser. Otherwise I get a nice powerful blue spark.. my old coil was dying and I got that lame yellow that idicates poor output.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom