Wanted Part source (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
5E1EB162-A57B-4A47-AAAB-450F8CDE6957.jpeg
Got a buddy working on his 82’ fj40 and is in need of the plug that goes here on the back of the instrument cluster. Any ideas where he can get one? Thanks!

@deliverance

take note Splangy :

theirs NO locking Tabs on those terminals & No Color coded tracer stripe Wire Professionally Crimped onto those Tang-less

Double Open Barrel Terminals But , i guess in your haste to throw me & My well thought out Reproduction Turn-Key

Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Parts Kit under the Bus , You Missed all that .........................o_O
Unless I’m missing something, I don’t see how anyone was thrown under the bus. I asked for a parts source and given two. I passed the information along to the person I was inquiring for.

This thread can be closed.

@deliverance

take note Splangy :

theirs NO locking Tabs on those terminals & No Color coded tracer stripe Wire Professionally Crimped onto those Tang-less

Double Open Barrel Terminals But , i guess in your haste to throw me & My well thought out Reproduction Turn-Key

Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 Parts Kit under the Bus , You Missed all that .........................o_O

He asked where he could find them. I provided a source I was aware of and you got butt-hurt. I made no reference to your part nor made an attempt to compare the two.

Where’s that shoulder shrug emoji?

Last edited:
@deliverance

Double Open Barrel Terminals

Matt's stuff is Toyota OE quality -

I've been disappointed with stuff I've bought from that ebay seller. It's usually Chi-Com level parts for the cheap stuff markets.

Why buy it twice?

Though I don't think Splangy meant any dishonor to Ragingmatt, this subject does bring up something that people should know when trying to purchase electrical connectors for any vehicle, especially these old trucks.

There is a lot more to knowing what terminals correctly fit into what connector housings than people may be aware of. Every manufacturer has their own unique terminals for THEIR connector housings. Sometimes they may fit another companies housings, other times they don't. A company may say "My connector takes standard 6.3mm open barrel terminals" well there is no such thing as "standard 6.3mm open barrel terminals"! 6.3mm only refers to the WIDTH of the terminal NOT how it locks into the connector housing nor if it is a "locking type terminal" meaning it is designed to lock to it's mating terminal which is NOT what you want in a multiple terminal connector! I recently got burned by a supplier who sold me terminals that were supposed to fit into the oil pressure sending unit and water temp housings. They were 6.3mm, they had the correct locking tabs and were open barrel type. However when I tried to use them I discovered they were about .005 too LONG! It was just enough that they would not lock into the housing correctly. I could force them into the housing but then I could not get them out again! Sure I could have used them, knowing that no one I sold them to would probably ever need to remove them again, but that is not how one should conduct business. The company refused to take them back so I recycled them. Later they contacted me with an apology stating their dies used to stamp these terminals had worn and was producing oversize parts. They sent me a new order no charge! The new ones worked perfectly.

Anyway, a lot of research goes into making sure these connectors and terminals mate and fit correctly. Order from people who have taken the time to do this research. FYI Matt is the only source I know of for those round gauge cluster connectors with the correct terminals. He is my supplier for these!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom