Wanted Desperately Searching for J78 Prado Headlight Washer Nozzles! Toyota part# 85044-60011 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
I've been looking for a replacement pair of nozzles for the headlamp cleaner/washer on my J78 Prado.
I've tried everywhere: Amayama, BE FORWARD, Cruiser Outfitters, Toyota DBX, binmahmoodstores, Mega Zip, Mudrak, you name it. I cannot find part# 85044-60011 ANYWHERE.
Oddly enough, my Land Cruiser has all of the hardware for the headlight washers, but the grille that the car was imported with did not have washer nozzle cutouts. I have since replaced the grille with one that does have the cutouts, but now I can't locate the nozzles!
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'd even consider a finder's fee if someone can locate a set for me.
Thanks in advance, everyone-

LumixSync_copy_2023-09-17 00_31_55 +0000JpegFile.jpg

big_85044-60011.jpeg

Thanks for following up! I have the nozzle but so far no luck in getting them working, albeit, haven't tried too hard at this point. Any tips from when you were doing install?

Thanks for following up! I have the nozzle but so far no luck in getting them working, albeit, haven't tried too hard at this point. Any tips from when you were doing install?
I haven’t installed s*** because I can’t find a set.

Either the check valves in the system have failed or the control module has failed (white plastic box, in driver's side fender area). I got mine to work briefly and then something in the system failed - I installed new check valves which was one of two failures. The other was a broken plastic elbow. Those two items were plumbing issues separate from my faulty control module. I replaced it with a used one from a KZJ71 and the washers worked for a short time before failing again. I am guessing the module went bad as many seem to do at this age, but I have not gotten around to probing some more. I never had an issue with the pump inside the washer bottle, but I did clean mine out since the tank was gunky when I first imported my LJ71.

By the way, I have found the washers activate when the headlights are switched on and you rapidly press the wiper washer button the stalk twice. Hope that helps.

Either the check valves in the system have failed or the control module has failed (white plastic box, in driver's side fender area). I got mine to work briefly and then something in the system failed - I installed new check valves which was one of two failures. The other was a broken plastic elbow. Those two items were plumbing issues separate from my faulty control module. I replaced it with a used one from a KZJ71 and the washers worked for a short time before failing again. I am guessing the module went bad as many seem to do at this age, but I have not gotten around to probing some more. I never had an issue with the pump inside the washer bottle, but I did clean mine out since the tank was gunky when I first imported my LJ71.

By the way, I have found the washers activate when the headlights are switched on and you rapidly press the wiper washer button the stalk twice. Hope that helps.
Thank you! I'll start walking through each point of failure and see what I can find. Not that they are getting real dirty - but like having everything work as intended. 😎

Have you looked into if a FJ60 headlight washer would work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom