Owners post here...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here is my new find. 1965 Fj45 "Roy".. Was in a barn in Northern Minnesota. 79K miles, unmolested....well, except for the parade paint.... but thats growin on me.... Gentleman pictured is the farmer i purchase the rig from.....Roy..... Nice little Labor Day weekend distraction.
IMG_2757.jpg
Roy 01.jpg
roy 02.jpg

Just picked up a 63LV #15367. I posted in tech area by accident. Wont let me add pix at this time, will work on it.

Here are his pix
landcruiser 005.jpg
landcruiser 006.jpg

Here is my camper which arrive from France to Halifax on 9 of november, I will do the trip from there to south America;
It's a 1984 BJ45
_IGP6567.jpg

Here is my camper which arrive from France to Halifax on 9 of november, I will do the trip from there to south America;
It's a 1984 BJ45

Pretty sweet what route are you taking?

Hello 45 owner's club!

Here are a few photos of my newly acquired FJ45 LWB purchased just a few weeks ago which originally belonged to Gary Bjork. Also, this is my HJ45 Troopy that I've had for a few years that is currently sitting in storage. I hope to have both on the road shortly.

I've been a member of mud for some time but haven't really posted much in the past. I hope to become more involved with the cruiser community and meet more cruiser crazy folks.

Cheers!
:steer:
65LWB.1.jpg
65LWB.2.jpg
HJ45.jpg

Here is my 82 FJ45. Now has 305 Chev. Came with 2f, Factory air con, factory PTO winch and factory power steering. I have since pulled the factory air with a Vintage air GenII system on its way. The PTO winch is next to go as PTO shaft will not fit with the V8 Conversion. (or really ugly headers!) I will replace the winch with a Warn Hydraulic unit I think. Next is a H55F 5 speed install with a TSM transfer emergency disc brake set up and twin sticks on the transfer...

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Hello people! Im new in IH8MUD but a lot of time reading.
Is a pleasure for me to be a member of this forum.
This is my car, 1980 HJ45 with 12HT, disc brakes, 5v gearbox and power stering from hj61. Now looking for 235/85 or 255/85.
boozewz very nice car, enjoy it!
excuse me for my english.
SV600726.jpg
01.jpg

New 45LV owner

Hi all, it was supposed to take more time but once you start looking it can go pretty quick. :D I just bought 3 puppies' FJ45LV and brought it down to SLC at Proffitt's Cruisers. Here are pictures of it sitting in their yard. In the back you see the fj40 axles and other parts we'll use to get her back into driving shape. We're doing disc brakes, reversed shackles, new springs & shocks and a host of overhauls. All of it mechanical to make it a safe driver. For now I can't afford to do any cosmetic work, other than picking at it on the weekend. So she'll be a rough looking good driver for a while. The engine will be compression tested and based on that we'll see if we can keep it. It runs! gearing is 3.7 in the new axles. I am looking at 31x tires but 33's look really good on a 2.5" lift. Just how slow would it get with that combo? Anyone has that setup? I am not looking to be fast of the line. I am just poking around the mountains at 9000'. In my '79 2F FJ40 my max speed was typicaly 45mph, by choice. Any and all comments and suggestions are welcome. This newby can use some guidance.
forum pic.JPG
back end.JPG
inside.JPG

Last edited:
Red 47

hey guys, thought it wouldn't hurt to put up a pic of my HJ47. It's running a 6.5l Chev diesel, OME 2" suspension with Superior extended shackles,disc brakes, power steering, 35" BFG muddies and lots of other nice bits and pieces.
ih8mud.jpg

Proud new owner of my first 45
1979 RHD 2F manual w/tray back arb up front
Runs great will slowly restore
image-2749073584.jpg

hey there chill will, nice rig, looks unmolested and looks like it's had an honest life. good find. dune beige is my favourite colour of all the cruiser's. i owned a '78 FJ45 before my current HJ47, and it was Dune Beige.

towy47 said:
hey there chill will, nice rig, looks unmolested and looks like it's had an honest life. good find. dune beige is my favourite colour of all the cruiser's. i owned a '78 FJ45 before my current HJ47, and it was Dune Beige.

I found out that the previous owner bought it with the intentions of doing a restore but had too many other projects going on. He had another 45, a couple of 40's & a BJ45. So he sold this to use the money to complete the BJ45.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom