Owners post here...... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks guys. I just picked it up this August and have put quite a bit of work into it to date. The pics are flattering. When you get close all the nagging bits become apparent. I am really happy I found it though. I am going to enjoy it for the next couple of years and then tear it apart.

I am really suprised on how much I am enjoying driving this old rig!:steer:

P1011115.jpg

P1011113.jpg

P1011117.jpg

P1011116.jpg

Last edited:
Thought i'd but up pics of my 82 bj45 with 3b diesel sittin on 32s these are from the day i picked it up currently getting a makeover, shackel reversal 2''front 4''rear springs,raw nitro shocks, 33 or 35 x12.5 tyres not sure yet on 15x8 white spoke rims 2'' bodylift, cut down the chassis, fabricated new shorter deck, powersteer, disc brake front,custom front bar with ep9 superwinch, rocksliders, and more as i go along i'd say
138550860_full.jpg
138550714_full.jpg

Another newbie here.... I owned a '73 FJ40 throughout most of the 90's, always regretted selling it... Now rejoining the LC world with a '66 FJ45 that I bought last Friday. :D
2010-11-26_13-49-52_146.jpg

Look out troopys ,
thought you guys might enjoy the cage :D on this hj47
f038a90d.jpg

If I get this right, that heavy old 45 truck, with an upright windshield, a bullbar up front, a heavy toolbox, and a cage built for some heavy stuff, needs an airfoil on top of the cab to streamline the airflow at the high speeds it travels? Love to see the engine that powers all that !

yea its a hj 47
2h motor about a 83 ish model

Well Here is my 1964 FJ45 LWB removable top. FJ45-20081
Just bought it today for $4800. Been driving it around all day today.:steer:
Really happy with it so far. Very enjoyable to drive and its good to finally own a Truck now so i don't have to borrow my father's 6x4 trailer anymore. ;p
I know it may not look much now... but i'll be doing a lot of tiding up and neatening of it with various things it might need. And for 1964, it is in a pretty good condition i think. :hmm:
DSC02789x.jpg
DSC02794x.jpg
DSC02799x.jpg

Recently acquired from CA, w/reportedly 32K original miles, and restored in Oklahoma City.

IMG_0731_med.jpg

My son Josh picked a fender up from ya couple of weeks ago and showed me a pic of this truck on his cell phone, sweet.........coming to the Lone Star Cruiser Roundup????

G'Day
I just brought a 3 month 1980 hj45 from a mate who has owned from new. He rolled her coming home from work 10 years ago and cut the roof off for his farm truck. It cost me two cartons of fosters for the truck with a badly rusted cab. After 12 months searching I found a good clean cab for another carton with missing doors etc. I just found two good doors for a carton each so my quest now is rebuild this truck with parts paid in full with beer. I will try and get some photo's up so you guys can check her out.

G'Day
I just brought a 3 month 1980 hj45 from a mate who has owned from new. He rolled her coming home from work 10 years ago and cut the roof off for his farm truck. It cost me two cartons of fosters for the truck with a badly rusted cab. After 12 months searching I found a good clean cab for another carton with missing doors etc. I just found two good doors for a carton each so my quest now is rebuild this truck with parts paid in full with beer. I will try and get some photo's up so you guys can check her out.

Now if you can trade beer for the labor to help swap it out...:beer::beer: Cheers..

LOL with the beer
I'm lucky because where I live the 45 cruisers where the best 4x4 for the job of climbing around the hills picking up bunches of bananas for the Sydney markets. Most of the early cruisers are still slugging it out as work trucks with over 30 years service so there quite a few laying around on farms as they retire these and park them up for spares.

Brought some hj47 seats on fleebay for 30 dollars and tracked down a rear window and door jams today. Found a 45 power take of winch complete for a few more cartons.

I'm aleready post it but ......way better now. Still lot to do. Now it's time for tranny and t-case , Suspension , Rims ,Tire and finish the top. Thnx to everyone you help me alot (for the fj and for my English:bang: ) Thnx a milion ...:cheers: Marc-Antoine Ethier

photosatrier2011328.jpg

photosatrier2011331.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom