Overland Expo East 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just registered .

@Izzyandsue what classes so I can consider signing up? Will be there in something Land Cruiser....

SO who all is planning on camping? Trying to get a head count of who all is coming so I can get a nice spot for us all to camp. Bringing the big griddle again this year and have people wanting to chip in on the food this year which means the food will be even better than last year. Breakfast lunch and dinner. Last year I think we made close to 200 taco's.

SO who all is planning on camping? Trying to get a head count of who all is coming so I can get a nice spot for us all to camp. Bringing the big griddle again this year and have people wanting to chip in on the food this year which means the food will be even better than last year. Breakfast lunch and dinner. Last year I think we made close to 200 taco's.
I'll be glad to chip in on the food.

Mike McKenna and myself will be camping the entire time. Hundy and an M101a trailer with an awning and canopy. We are bringing food but I will be happy to chip in for taco's. Mmmmm....taco's.

I'm booked for the weekend as well. I actually reserved a campsite on the river at Davidson River Campground for night before (Wednesday Nov. 7). It looks to be about 10 miles from the venue. I hope to go up a day early to do some exploring before the Expo.

I’m just visiting on Saturday, have family plans for Sunday already.

Wow a 6 week old thread.

Just a heads up for those that are coming. I’ve attached a map of where we are. I’ve got about 50-60 spots reserved for camping. May have to prod the volunteers and show them this pic. Tell them you are coming in the Trollhole’s / Land Cruiser/ GXOR area. Bring some food for the griddle or chip I’m on my grub. I’m cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner through the weekend.

4AFF6D03-1EA2-4F3E-87E5-91EE33848FF4.jpeg
FEF85136-B8B3-4540-88B5-10348B57A26B.jpeg

Im leaving in the am tomorrow, looks like a short drive for me, what ham channel are you going to be on? Also is there anything grub wise you would like help on? Ill hit BJs tonight.

I will be up there working (see sig line). I think i ate 80 of the 200 tacos last year. They were insane. Also, bringing mountain bike but getting to ride will be a long shot. Staying in a cabin near the area. Will try to stop by on Saturday night. Suppose to be nice and chilly.

I will be up there working (see sig line). I think i ate 80 of the 200 tacos last year. They were insane. Also, bringing mountain bike but getting to ride will be a long shot. Staying in a cabin near the area. Will try to stop by on Saturday night. Suppose to be nice and chilly.

Andrew, just saw that link, smells like another race in the woods based on the description. Collecting the most waypoints in a the allotted time typically turns into racing and tearing up trails. Let me know how it really turns out, truly interested.

This is on road only. No time involved. Just funny challenges and pictures at each way point. Actually disqualified from winning if anything is done fast.

20 waypoints. Post pics to Facebook page. Prize packs are outdoor gear. Entry fee is 50. Prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Close to $4000 in total prizes. Walking waypoints inside expo. Pics with certain vendors.

Geocaching in a car.

This is a beta run but still giving out prize packs.

T shirts and stickers.

5094E848-26C9-4E4D-B7D4-5E5B8CCEFC3B.jpeg

Last edited:
Sweet! See you guys there.

I going to be crazy cold!.pack.accordingly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom