Overland Expo 2017 Asheville (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Plan on going again ,this year.

I will like to go again, will see if I can join some of the instructors for something, maybe survival espaneech when overlanding south of the border, "cerveza, puta madre, dinero, no policia...."

Much to my surprise, my wife shared a link to this event on Facebook and wanted to know if I'd heard about it. When I asked if she wanted to go she said she'd go with me anywhere, so long as it's Biltmore. That said, I might be in for this year's event. :)

I fixed it for you Dave :)

I will like to go again, will see if I can join some of the instructors for something, maybe survival espaneech when overlanding south of the border, "cerveza, puta madre, dinero, no policia...."
Nah, all you need is Cabrone, pinche tu madre and a few other essentials, No tengo dinero, no me mates.... things like that

@alethal Buy two Yearly passes. You'll need to buy a Biltmore pass for the event anyway, and if you've never been it's worth going to see the spring blooms and Xmas, so that's 3 trips right there. You're practically making money at that point!

Stay at the Grove Park Inn at xmas, the Biltmore for Overland (unless she's a camper) and the Grand Bohemian for spring. They're all only a couple miles to The Orange Peel for live music. Yes, I'm assuming you're made out of money. But, as has been said before, one of our ONSC talents is spending other peoples money. There's a Red Roof Inn close to Biltmore, too, but I literally got fleas staying there once 2 weeks after a dog show was in town. Oh, and go buy a guitar from buddies at Music City.

@alethal Buy two Yearly passes. You'll need to buy a Biltmore pass for the event anyway, and if you've never been it's worth going to see the spring blooms and Xmas, so that's 3 trips right there. You're practically making money at that point!

Stay at the Grove Park Inn at xmas, the Biltmore for Overland (unless she's a camper) and the Grand Bohemian for spring. They're all only a couple miles to The Orange Peel for live music. Yes, I'm assuming you're made out of money. But, as has been said before, one of our ONSC talents is spending other peoples money. There's a Red Roof Inn close to Biltmore, too, but I literally got fleas staying there once 2 weeks after a dog show was in town. Oh, and go buy a guitar from buddies at Music City.

Plus Wicked Weed is right next door to the Orange Peel so barely any walking involved :)

I am planning to go to this one again and The American Adventurist Appalachian Rendezvous the weekend before in Uwharrie. Great events.

Definitely maybe. I can't remember why I couldn't make last year. I think I was waiting on the tent etc.

Did I miss the price? I don't need to camp, Mom lives just down the road.

so the packet should be coming out soon, @Izzyandsue do you have any contacts to reserve a mud spot or is it whomever gets there first needs to stake out a claim. We should probably get a definitive list together of attendees to see how many spots we need

I don't, but last year I think Eric was able to get club space. Not sure of the process.
What I have done in the past is leave Wednesday and drive west, get lost in the mountains, find my way out Thursday and go register at Expo by early afternoon. Helped Marshall put up the ONSC tent and the Upstate cruisers tent side by side, then set up my taj-ma-tent emporium.

This year I may help with teaching "something", so may be in different area for that, dont know details yet.

It was all Marshall , we stayed in vendors area . I will talk to Marshall , hope we can get that same spot (down by the river) again .

Last edited:
Maybe @jfz80 should be down by the river in his van ;)

Hey everyone, is that Bill Shakespeare? You can think about @jfz80 in the van down by the river...when....you're......living....in....a van down by the river!!!!!

IMG_1795.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom