Overland Expo 2017 Asheville (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wanted to pump up my classes for anyone attending the full experience, "Choosing, installing, and using radios for overland travel", Saturday at 3pm, Sunday at 10am. Co teaching with Alan Sines, over 50 years expertise in mobility radio and great guy, wealth of knowledge and real hands-on experience. Richard Sines dad, from Charleston (newish black 4Runner) if some of you guys know them.

"Are you confused by all the different types of radios and frequencies? HAM, CB, MURS, FRS, or any other, we will share with you the benefits and limitations for each type to help you decide what is right for you. You will be able to look at different models, see how they work, and examine different potential installation options for typical overlanding rigs. If you have a radio already, bring it and we will answer any questions to help you get the maximum return for your investment. "

I have wanted to go to the event but last year hurricanes and small children prevented me from coming. Post some picks and some info from the guys who went. I am interested in going at some point, but not this year since I will be out of town

I had no idea they moved the date on the Expo. Previously Overland Expo occurred on our anniversary and Sarah's birthday. I might actually be able to make it this year.

Vendor on the G Wagen forum would like to talk to someone about the event. Has anyone had vendor tent before or think of someone who could help this guy out?

He is actually bringing 3 Toyota Land Cruiser campers will be across from the BFG tent.

Now we have to help since he is bringing LC's.

tlc.JPG

Vendor on the G Wagen forum would like to talk to someone about the event. Has anyone had vendor tent before or think of someone who could help this guy out?

He is actually bringing 3 Toyota Land Cruiser campers will be across from the BFG tent.

View attachment 1522820

as the land cruiser club of NC he should be inclined to give test drives of those things to you guys and let you guys "try" out the campers each night

View attachment 1522820
The only one I know is Trollhole, Marshall Shephard. He did have a pristine 40 there last year and every time i saw his tent it had traffic.

Seriously kicking this around this year. Maybe someone can clue me in at LR about it.

The Maltec booth will be very nice. 3 Non US Spec Land Cruisers with integrated campers. Some of the camper shells are carbon fiber. I can not wait to see these in person.

upload_2017-8-25_8-41-43.png

upload_2017-8-25_9-5-4.png

upload_2017-8-25_9-7-32.png

I know, need to upgrade my wardrobe! May need that ascot after all. Still, looking forward to seeing all that money on shiny wheels.

Wow. Is this turning into a mini SEMA?

I would argue that overland expo west and east already are the mini SEMA of overlanding.

And now i've got to plan making a trip to SEMA again this year....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom