Builds OTM Shop Build: SAS LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since you are doing all that welding. Have you thought about or will you cut & turn the knuckle balls for better caster?
I need to get the actual suspension setup we will run installed and then we can measure and see where it’s at. Thanks for the suggestion, hadn’t thought of that yet.

Decided against the Dobinson VT coils after recently checking the price on them. I bought a pair of Flexi springs back in 2019 and hadn’t realized they’re a small fortune now…

Anyways, I decided to run a pretty common 80 OME spring setup. 2850J front and 2863 rear with the OME L shocks. Coils showed up yesterday, shocks should be here Monday.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Next up, we need to tear down the 3rd’s, throw in the 4.88s, and install Eaton locker for the front diff. That way we can finish rebuilding the front axle and throw in the new 105 parts. Need to get this thing off jack stands so we can see where ride height will be.

Lots of progress this week. The guys have been putting in some solid work to get it finished up.

-Diffs setup with 4.88 and Eaton locker (front)
-Installed diffs in axles, new 105 hubs/spindles/bearings/rotors installed and knuckles built
-Rear diff and OEM locker installed and axle shafts back in.
-Tcase low range gears installed

Wheels and tires ordered, should be here tomorrow. Really curious to put it on it’s own weight and see how it sits.

Next up is sleeve and mount steering box, already plated frame. Figure out steering & intermediate shaft, weld in Panhard bracket to frame and install Ironman adjustable panhard bar. I’m sure im missing things, but lots of pictures coming in the morning. Had to leave the shop early today.

You're moving fast! What tire/wheel set-up did you go with?

Last edited:
Wow! This 100 is gonna be sweet!

Terrible at posting updates, but we finished it Friday afternoon and I loaded it up to head to the Ozark’s this weekend. Truck did great, drove way better than I thought it would for just driving it around the block before we left. 4.88s and low range tcase gears with the 37s are awesome, can’t wait to take it on some harder stuff.

IMG_0434.jpeg

IMG_8443.jpeg

IMG_8440.jpeg

IMG_0500.jpeg

IMG_0468.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom