For Sale or Trade IN/MI 1975 Mustard Yellow FJ40 Price Drop 9/7 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

9/7 Edit, last resort price before winter gets here: $7500

I would consider trades but primarily looking for a cash sale. Located in South Bend, IN. Details and pics at link below:

****Please look here for more information and pics:*****
Considering Selling the 40, Trades?

0B98C204-23F7-4D85-BCD5-34E987F010C1.jpeg
32D24FEC-E919-45A6-8B4E-9DA4BA6C6F87.jpeg
77B5434D-CD5C-4AD3-A1BC-1E5A38372CCC.jpeg
99F77DCF-E373-4609-98A5-7F4862D7881D.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m new to FJ40’s, currently searching for my first, and trying to get a handle on values. Another member just sold a 73 which was very complete with much less rust for 11k (about 6/7 threads down from this one). So is a later model with the 2f motor etc worth considerably more?
Not trying to start anything here.....I’m truly just trying to get a handle on values and determine what I should be willing to spend.

All based on condition and preferences. Some like the 2F 4 speed combo. Others don’t care. Most want the Ambi style doors. And 76-83 tend to sell at the best prices due to disc brakes, ambi doors, and better options from 78-83. At least from what I have seen. It really comes down to the buyer tho. Everyone has different tastes. Even different colors seem to sell faster than others. White seems to be the least popular to me.

As for the 73 I probably could have held out for a few more K’s but I wanted to move it on. And it was without stock roll bar or rims. Or rear seats.

Last edited:
FJ40 values are pretty subjective and also seem to fluctuate a fair amount. I would say that current values are a little lower than what I have seen in the past. At the same time I have seen more sell for less, and less sell for more. Region also plays a pretty big part in it too, there are not many cruisers in my neck of the woods.

Yeah...in the end they're worth what someone is willing to pay. I love the mustard yellow. If it didn't need a new tube I'd consider it.

Pm sent

Bump, tucked away in the garage for the winter. Still available, offers considered.

Nice truck, not an insane price. Looks like it's got the normal rust. If you get the time and money I'd think it would sell much better if you threw on front disc brakes.

The sale will come with a new disc brake master cylinder for a future conversion. Discs are pretty low on the list, I have not had a reason to upgrade as the drums are working well.

In case I did not mention it the sale will include all of my spare 40 parts.

Bump for spring time, priorities are shifting yet again and I am definitely more interested in a cash offer than a trade.

Memorial Day bump and price adjustment.

Last edited:
PM sent

FJ40 values are pretty subjective and also seem to fluctuate a fair amount. I would say that current values are a little lower than what I have seen in the past. At the same time I have seen more sell for less, and less sell for more. Region also plays a pretty big part in it too, there are not many cruisers in my neck of the woods.

May I ask where your neck of the woods might be because there aren’t very many where I’m located and the ones that are available the asking price is ridiculous. For example I came across one today and it was not complete, had been sitting for a couple of years, no top and bondo up the wazoo. I asked the owner and he said $15k. In my head I just couldn’t believe it, I’ve seen other 40s, since I’ve been on here, in better shape go for a more reasonable price. Anyways if you know of something please let me know. I post a wanted listing asking for FJ40. It’d be my first.

May I ask where your neck of the woods might be because there aren’t very many where I’m located and the ones that are available the asking price is ridiculous. For example I came across one today and it was not complete, had been sitting for a couple of years, no top and bondo up the wazoo. I asked the owner and he said $15k. In my head I just couldn’t believe it, I’ve seen other 40s, since I’ve been on here, in better shape go for a more reasonable price. Anyways if you know of something please let me know. I post a wanted listing asking for FJ40. It’d be my first.

I am located in South Bend, Indiana, a transplant from Colorado, so the Cruiser came with me when I moved. There are very few 40's here, I could count on one hand all of the ones I have seen in past five years. There is no demand, no Toyota culture, and practically zero off-roading within a few hours drive. Fortunately there is a group of us that get together once a year up north in Michigan, but that is about it. If I was in Colorado the rig would sell in 5 minutes on Craigslist for probably 10k or more. Clearly, it's not selling here and I am not going to fire sale it, it's still a great truck and fun and I have look forward to every opportunity I get to drive it.

As far as pricing goes there are two pricing groups, the "Mud" price, and the "Craigslist/Facebook/Ebay" price. The later is roughly twice as high as the Mud price. Sometimes you get lucky and can snatch up a good deal on Craigslist, but it takes a lot of time and patience. These days people can set alerts and actually snagging a good deal is very hard to do. The Cruisers I see on Clist etc are all outrageous and you are buying someone's dream of hitting it rich it seems. You will also notice most of those rigs never sell, they stay available until the post expires and then show up again sometime down the line. Another issue I have noticed more recently is that all of these Cruisers on Clist etc are all priced about the same, I think the owners see everyone else's ads for $15k and think their rig is worth that much as well. Sadly it also seems the pricing for all of the older generation of vehicles is climbing and climbing. Good luck with your search, be patient and something will pop up!

Finished up the front 4+ u-bolt flip kit install and took it for a drive up to Michigan.

28575285-38F6-4A08-83E9-02C5B65948B9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom