ONSC's Cookin', Grillin', and Bacon thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Breakfast today. I figure I'm ruined until well after dark. Pork shoulder steak in cast iron.

IMG_1850.jpg

I could really do some bacon wrapped scallops. Maybe add a maple syrup bourbon dipping sauce. Hmmmm
I've not had bacon wrapped scallops in a long time, I love them! Brings back great memories to boot. When I first moved out on my own I was 19 and it was 1979. I had a full time job and took a second job with a buddies Mom, she had a higher end catering business. So a couple nights a week I put on black pants, shoes tie and vest and a white shirt and went to fancy parties, weddings etc. and circulated with a tray of food or drinks.

I made really good money and the big bonus was that I ate very well. Not the Roman noodles and hot dogs I had at home. I was introduced to bacon wrapped scallops and many other things during that gig. One buddy and I also figured out that crashing large catered affairs was easy and supplemented your food budget too :) Problem was we knew most of the people working there too LOL Met a lot of people outside my normal circles that way as well.

Since yesterday’s duck hunt didn’t work out in my favor....change of plans. Seafood gumbo is on the simmer.

View attachment 2585190

Looks good! I really wanna try my hand at some gumbo or some etouffee. These crappy, rainy days would be perfect.

Last night was the first time I've grilled at home since October. That was some craziness that needed fixing. I cooked lamb shoulder chop, and reheated a pork chop that we brought home from Bavarian Chef in VA on Sunday. Looks dry but definitely isn't. Most impressively, I nailed the asparagus for both color and texture! Woodford in the background...just for color, of course.

IMG_1921.jpg

I was getting scared of what that could be while it was taking forever for the pic to load. Glad I waited!
I thought it was going to be a picture of chili while waiting for the pic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom